What’s the best technique to revise?

Watch
Anonymous 34773
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I know everyone says that everyone has different techniques to revise but is there anyone that did essay based subjects like history that achieved an A/A*?How did you revise to achieve this?
Thanks

Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Active recall is scientifically proven to be the most effective way of studying. Once you’ve learnt the course material regularly test yourself by writing essays from scratch. Once you’ve done this many times the exams will become easy and you’ll know what to write without having to think much
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous 34773)
I know everyone says that everyone has different techniques to revise but is there anyone that did essay based subjects like history that achieved an A/A*?How did you revise to achieve this?
Thanks
Hi @Anonymous 34773

This will differ from person to person as everyone learns differently. I personally revised by condensing the information on revision cards and writing them out till it was memorized. I would try and write the information without looking at the cards to see if I had memorized it.

I also planned out essay questions and did past papers.

Good luck!

Zaira
Last edited by hallamstudents; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (55)
20.52%
No (213)
79.48%

Watched Threads