Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So at gcse I messed around a lot and also had lots of family problems. I did my gcses in 2019. I achieved 77777776654 with two of the 7s becoming 8s after remark. Didn’t revise at all then went into a levels and went in with the same mindset doing geography economics and biology and did terrible. Then the quarantine came and I treated it like a holiday. Now I’ve been given bad predicted and all my teachers are saying to retake the year as I have lots of potential but have obviously wasted it and they don’t want me to underachieve like at gcse. The only problem is though is that I had my heart set on a level maths in year 10 and 11 but stopped revising in year 11 and completely flopped getting a grade 6 two marks off a 7 even though I was predicted a 9. Should I drop out to do my gcse maths again get an 8 and my English language which I got a 5 in and then return to sixth form where they will finally let me do maths. Only problem is I’ll finish a levels at 20 and graduate at 23. By retaking year 12 I’ll graduate at 22. I want do a degree like economics or computer science if I do take the maths route but if I don’t I have to settle for accounting and finance and business degrees. Sorry for typing so much. What should I do?
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd do maths again graduation age doesn't matter
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
perhaps see if a sixth form will let you take a level maths with a grade 6? my sixth form did that provided it was a strong grade 6 and perhaps you may be argue you achieved below your potential to extenuating circumstances. you can do a foundation year if you do not have the required a level subjects to study your degree choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (86)
21.34%
No (317)
78.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed