This discussion is closed.
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ruphio)
you go to university widen your mind, not for the money you silly little girl
Speak for yourself. I'm here for the money. And it's worked out quite nicely!

PS...
(Original post by who_me)
Hehe, I agree - I guess it's the Oxbridge mentality. :p:
I guess it's not.... but I guess generalising about Oxbridge like that is the non-Oxbridge mentality.
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThePants999)
Speak for yourself. I'm here for the money. And it's worked out quite nicely!

PS...

I guess it's not.... but I guess generalising about Oxbridge like that is the non-Oxbridge mentality.
I was being sarcastic :rolleyes: - I know quite a few people who go to Oxbridge and they aren't like that at all.
hk_1_kinobi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
to get a well paid job. I mean one of my friends (a girl) was never in school due to illness and got crap gcse grades. shes now working in payroll answering calls etc but is also doing an NVQ to become a senior payroll (realy top job i think)

another is working in catering and is doing an NVQ along the way to become a chef.

there both gonna be on v good money when their older and im/were actually paying to go to university :confused:
Yeah you go horrorboy!

Hey, that's true, some of my dads friends never went to uni, they're quite well off now.

However I'm gonna go, admittedly Jst cos I wanna get a career in media and communications sometime in the future, but hey I'm different.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by marychrist)
I was about to ask if it was possible for you to get any snobbier, but as your head seems firmly wedged up your arse already- obviously not.
I'm so glad people are open minded and can read the sarcasm in my posts.

OK, to quote horrorboy precisely "doing an NVQ to become a senior payroll (realy top job i think)" which is NOT a top job, you can't argue that. Top jobs are the hideous fat cats sitting on 6-figure salaries and running multi-national corporations. I was pointing out that his assertion is not entirely true, it may be a decent job for that person, but it's not overall.

As for "By comparison, I whipped his arse in all our public exams, I'm working my arse off at one of the best universities in the country" would you like to point out which aspect of that is not true? Yes, I put it in an arrogant way, but do you really think I'd ever say that to someone in real life? (You probably do, because it would seem you and who_me have me written off as some uncaring cocky Cambridge ***** who thinks everyone else is dirt under my shoes, but what can I do about that? :rolleyes: ) I was using it for comparative purposes.

(Original post by who_me)
I was being sarcastic - I know quite a few people who go to Oxbridge and they aren't like that at all.
Good, I'm one of them too. I guess you guys read my remark in the wrong context.

Edit: I should also point out that I really didn't like this guy, so that possibly also explains some of the bitterness "but he's a nasty person!" *sigh*
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads