The Student Room Group

Taking 4 A levels on January 2021 and studying them in just 3.5 months

I am an Edexcel private candidate. Finished my 7 IGCSE’s in year 12 which were physics, chemistry, biology, ESL, maths, economics and geography and I A*ed all of them.

I am planning to do 4 A levels which are physics, chemistry, maths and further maths in year 13 on January 2021 and I have got only 3.5 months to study them and I have never studied A levels in my life.

Tho, I have an access to a chemical engineer who happens to also to teach A levels and will help me if I struggle in them. He said that I will be doing the wrong thing if I went with that decision and he went on and on about how hard A levels are, they are no joke, nothing compared to IGCSE’s....blah...blah....blah.... tho I believe him. So he advised me to take them in May/June but I don’t want to cuz May/June is too far away and I can’t wait to finish my A levels and get the hell out of this **** country (Kuwait) and go to Canada man!!

So, I want to ask those who went through those subjects at A levels and get their opinion on whether or not I will be able to do it, studying in just 3.5 months 12 hours each day and score A*’s in all of them?
the only one of those subjects I have personally taken is maths, but I know people who take the other subjects and the workload is INTENSE for all of them. I understand May/June seems a lot further away, but you're going to need more than 3.5 months to learn the sheer amount of content in each subject. further maths in just two years is intense as is - the entire maths course in a year, and then going beyond, so trying to squeeze that into so short of a timeframe seems incredibly stressful. I don't know you personally or how well you can keep up high amounts of revision each day, but personally I think you need the extra time to not only understand all the content, but understand the exam mark schemes and how to answer each question.

Quick Reply

Latest