daliak
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi guys. Is anyone studying or has studied medicine in Groningen or maastricht university in Netherlands? I’ve got a couple of questions regarding the entry requirement.

1. I wanted to know the subjects you needed to enter the university
2. I wanted to know the grades you need for the subjects to enter the university
Advertisement
jorgemorinp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I'm actually wondering the same thing. I am preparing my admission for Groningen which opened recently (studielink). Maybe I can solve some of your doubts about entry requirements
jorgemorinp
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by daliak)
Hi guys. Is anyone studying or has studied medicine in Groningen or maastricht university in Netherlands? I’ve got a couple of questions regarding the entry requirement.

1. I wanted to know the subjects you needed to enter the university
2. I wanted to know the grades you need for the subjects to enter the university
What diploma are you currently doing? IB?
Advertisement
daliak
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by jorgemorinp)
What diploma are you currently doing? IB?
Hey! That would be great if you could let me know about the entry requirements. For my diploma, i’m currently doing Pearson Edexcel A levels. I believe it’s quite different to IB.
exols
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
does groningen teach med in eng? and is it cheaper than maastricht
Advertisement
jorgemorinp
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by daliak)
Hey! That would be great if you could let me know about the entry requirements. For my diploma, i’m currently doing Pearson Edexcel A levels. I believe it’s quite different to IB.
Hey! Sorry for the late reply, I don't know if it's still useful, Hopefully, it is. They ask for Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Math. They are not clear about grades. I guess passing is ok. They have a selection procedure. There is more information about the requirements in the link below.

https://www.rug.nl/education/bachelo...t_9_7424_15470
jorgemorinp
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by exols)
does groningen teach med in eng? and is it cheaper than maastricht
Yes, It does. I think fees were around 2000-3000 a year for EU citizens.
Advertisement
Zaeliar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there

I applied for medicine at Maastricht last year and got accepted but had to defer to next year due to personal circumstances. If any of you have any questions please let me know! I actually live in Maastricht right now (I moved here in July) so I can answer some questions about the city too (although because of COVID everything is pretty much closed haha).
goggles:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zaeliar)
Hi there

I applied for medicine at Maastricht last year and got accepted but had to defer to next year due to personal circumstances. If any of you have any questions please let me know! I actually live in Maastricht right now (I moved here in July) so I can answer some questions about the city too (although because of COVID everything is pretty much closed haha).
Wow congrats! Since you've gone through the selection I was wondering if you could share any insights about the selection day.
How did you prepare for the selection day? What were the questions about and did you find them hard?

I emailed the university and they said that for the selection day, you don't need to prepare but I find this hard to believe as it must be really competitive and I obviously wanna get a place xD
Advertisement
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there

No questions but lucky you to be in such a lovely place.
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there

hey, congrats! what subjects were you taking for A levels/IB/equivalent?
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (291)
55.96%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.04%

Watched Threads