n1nah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I’m planning to apply for the Psychological and Behavioural Sciences course at Cambridge, but I have an issue. I do not have any work experience to mention in my PS— just activities and other small experiences that show my interest. Due to this pandemic as well as views on work experience in Psychology in India, I haven’t been able to find or participate in anything substantial. So, I was wondering whether this would really put me at a disadvantage. I’ve done a lot of research and academic work concerning Psychology, so I was planning to mention that, along with the other smaller experiences I mentioned.
So my question is: how important is work experience for an Oxbridge application, and what should I do about my lack of it with the deadline being just a month away?
Advertisement
Bbubble061
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think you need to worry about it. They will understand your situation. Having some work experience would be ideal but this year's situation meant that you didn't get a chance, and same goes to the thousands of applicants applying to Cambridge ( and other universities). So it won't put you at a disadvantage since everyone else is on the same boat as you. As long as your personal statement explains why you want to do the course and shows that you're suitable for it, it shouldn't matter.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can't speak for Cam, but a psych degree doesn't require (or even help that much to an extent) work experience. It's also very hard to even get relevant experience under 18. Focus on wider reading and being critical and analytical in your PS. Good luck!
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads