The Student Room Group

geography or chemistry

so for a level i picked biology, geography and health& social btec

im still confused to whether change geography to chemistry

which is harder?
highly subjective :dontknow:

i found chemistry really hard at gcse so didn't do it at a level, found geography a breeze at gcse and found it to be pretty much the same at a level
I don't do either but from what I've heard from friends chemistry is harder to grasp but doesn't have loads of content, so if you're clever and you 'get' chemistry then it should be okay. Chemistry would probably go better with biology and health and social care since it's all quite 'medical', I guess. Geography supposedly is easier to understand but there's a lot of content and a lot of case studies. I'd just pick whichever you prefer :smile:
Original post by neko no basu
highly subjective :dontknow:

i found chemistry really hard at gcse so didn't do it at a level, found geography a breeze at gcse and found it to be pretty much the same at a level

are the gcse exam questiosn similar to a level?
Original post by apolaroidofus
I don't do either but from what I've heard from friends chemistry is harder to grasp but doesn't have loads of content, so if you're clever and you 'get' chemistry then it should be okay. Chemistry would probably go better with biology and health and social care since it's all quite 'medical', I guess. Geography supposedly is easier to understand but there's a lot of content and a lot of case studies. I'd just pick whichever you prefer :smile:

ohhh okieee thank you!! :u:
Original post by Thewanabenerd
are the gcse exam questiosn similar to a level?

from what I remember, yh they are pretty similar
i also did the same exam board at gcse and a level so that might be why as well
the exams are bit longer i think so there's more 8-16 markers

Quick Reply

Latest