The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Introduction to health science at City University of London

Hi! I'll be studying the Introduction to Health Science course at City Uni 2020 and I was wondering if anyone else on here was? Would like to get to know a few people at least before starting, it would make it a lot less stressful.
Reply 1
I want to study adult nursing however I don’t have all the ucas points to start the degree and was looking into foundation year course. I came across introduction to health science at city university and was wondering how is the course going and does it allow you to continue into the nursing degree? I hope you see this and get back thanks :smile:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by t4rnz
Hi! I'll be studying the Introduction to Health Science course at City Uni 2020 and I was wondering if anyone else on here was? Would like to get to know a few people at least before starting, it would make it a lot less stressful.

I want to study adult nursing however I don’t have all the ucas points to start the degree and was looking into foundation year course. I came across introduction to health science at city university and was wondering how is the course going and does it allow you to continue into the nursing degree? I hope you see this and get back thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Hey did you end up doing the course at City? I’m doing the course right now and it’s going alright so far
Hi there,
I m applying for the introduction to health science foundation this year with the aim of radiography afterwards.
Is there any physics involve in the course?
I am a mature student , been away from study long time , need to catch up for some of the modules.
Reply 5
Original post by Clara1359
Hi there,
I m applying for the introduction to health science foundation this year with the aim of radiography afterwards.
I am a mature student , been away from study long time , need to catch up for some of the modules.

Hello,
so far we have done mainly core biology topics but there might be some basic physics regarding radiation next term. The science isn’t difficult in the foundation year but next year the radiography course definitely has some physics but don’t worry I heard it’s manageable 👍🏼
Original post by MarxV
Hello,
so far we have done mainly core biology topics but there might be some basic physics regarding radiation next term. The science isn’t difficult in the foundation year but next year the radiography course definitely has some physics but don’t worry I heard it’s manageable 👍🏼

Thanks for the reply , I have submitted my ucas form , did you have any interview to go to foundation year.
My gcse and A level certificate are from overseas as I have been away from study long time wanted to start from foundation. Did you provide any English language certificate to them?
Reply 7
No there wasn’t an interview,
I’m a uk student so I just had to submit my GCSE and A level grades
But if you have English language gcse then u don’t have to submit another certificate , gcse is enough. However u should check with the admissions team just in case
Original post by Clara1359
Hi there,

Hello, I hope you are well! My name is Abida and I am an official Economics Student Representative at City, University of London.

As I do not study your course, I would recommend directly speaking to successful students at City, University of London who currently study in this area and may be able to share their experiences, advise, etc. You may be able to directly contact students in your subject of study via this link (UniBuddy): https://www.city.ac.uk/prospective-students/open-events-and-fairs/online-chats/ask-a-student

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you had any other questions about studying at City, University of London and I would be happy to answer any questions. I wish you all the very best in your future studies!

Kindest regards,
Abida
Official Economics Student Representative
City, University of London
Reply 9
Hi, i’ve applied to introduction to health science and I still haven’t heard back from them? Around what time did u hear back and what grades did u apply with?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, was wondering if it did allow you to continue into the nursing degree at city without having to apply?c
Hey, does successfully completing the health science course year allow you to automatically get into the radiography degree at city without having to apply through ucas for example or interviewing?
Original post by jannah_O_O
Hey, does successfully completing the health science course year allow you to automatically get into the radiography degree at city without having to apply through ucas for example or interviewing?

Hi jannah, yes if you pass one year of the foundation course you’ll be guaranteed a place to study your chosen area of speciality next year @city without going through ucas. But I think they do invite you for an interview still
Original post by MarxV
Hello,

Hi, I'm looking to do this course. Would you say it's worth doing and is there a specific percentage you need to progress onto the radiography course.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous821
Hi, I'm looking to do this course. Would you say it's worth doing and is there a specific percentage you need to progress onto the radiography course.

hey, you need to get at least 40% on each module, with no failed modules, and attendance has to be over 80%. ALSO, if everything is perfect but you do not pass your interview, then you will not pass onto your chosen course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending