Revision worries

Watch
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

So to give everyone a bit of background I did my GCSES in 2019, I did my March mocks and got really good grades, However, in the real thing I got up to 4 grades lower. I still passed everything but only with 4s and 5s and would like to do better in* my A levels.

Fast forward to now and I'm in year 13 and worried the same situation will happen agin.. So is there any way I can check if my revision methods are effective?

Thanks for your help

DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by josie71202)
Hi,

So to give everyone a bit of background I did my GCSES in 2019, I did my March mocks and got really good grades, However, in the real thing I got up to 4 grades lower. I still passed everything but only with 4s and 5s and would like to do better in* my A levels.

Fast forward to now and I'm in year 13 and worried the same situation will happen agin.. So is there any way I can check if my revision methods are effective?

Thanks for your help
You should do practice exam papers and exam questions. If your methods are effective, then you should be getting good grades as you will be able to retain that information and put it onto the exam.

What methods do you use at the moment?
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You should do practice exam papers and exam questions. If your methods are effective, then you should be getting good grades as you will be able to retain that information and put it onto the exam.

What methods do you use at the moment?
practice papers, revision cards and flashcards
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
practice papers, revision cards and flashcards
What do you do with the flashcards / revision cards when you've made them?
josie71202
Rep:
?
What do you do with the flashcards / revision cards when you've made them?
I tend to print out revision resources and put each topic in a folder so I can revise them at school

I make flashcards online so I can go through them
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I tend to print out revision resources and put each topic in a folder so I can revise them at school

I make flashcards online so I can go through them
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a good idea of how exactly how revise so I can hopefully offer better advice.

When you say "revise them at school", what does that mean exactly? What do you do with them?

What do you mean "go through" the flashcards? Do you mean you just read them, or do you do something more interactive with them?
josie71202
Rep:
?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a good idea of how exactly how revise so I can hopefully offer better advice.

When you say "revise them at school", what does that mean exactly? What do you do with them?

What do you mean "go through" the flashcards? Do you mean you just read them, or do you do something more interactive with them?
I just read the revision resources in the morning before exams

I have a flashcard system where after each one it asks how well you know it and repeats what you don't know
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I just read the revision resources in the morning before exams

I have a flashcard system where after each one it asks how well you know it and repeats what you don't know
I recommend using the resources to test yourself. Last minute reading them before exams is good, but you need to be more interactive for long-term revision.

That's a good system to use.

Have you tried things like mindmaps? Or perhaps something using audio e.g. recording you saying some information and listening to it on your way to/from school?
josie71202
Rep:
?
I recommend using the resources to test yourself. Last minute reading them before exams is good, but you need to be more interactive for long-term revision.

That's a good system to use.

Have you tried things like mindmaps? Or perhaps something using audio e.g. recording you saying some information and listening to it on your way to/from school?
I might try
online it said I was a read write learner
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I might try
online it said I was a read write learner
The internet can tell you anything, but it's up to you to figure out what works. And the only way you'll know is to try different techniques.
josie71202
Rep:
?
The internet can tell you anything, but it's up to you to figure out what works. And the only way you'll know is to try different techniques.
Thanks for your ideas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (59)
20.7%
No (226)
79.3%

Watched Threads