Student_xx03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m looking to do midwifery at university. I’m in year 12 and I am currently doing sociology and psychology a levels along with a Btec which is worth one a level. Would you suggest me to drop one and take biology instead.
xbeckkie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Biology would help you but one of my friends didn’t do A level or Btec biology and was accepted into her nursing course. I’m sure it will be the same for midwifery. Could always do an access course if you’re worried or online biology course
Tracey_W
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Student_xx03)
I’m looking to do midwifery at university. I’m in year 12 and I am currently doing sociology and psychology a levels along with a Btec which is worth one a level. Would you suggest me to drop one and take biology instead.
Most universities may ask for English, Maths, & a science subject - usually Biology for midwifing.
Check with your chosen universities on what there entry requirements are first before even deciding which subjects to drop ok.
If any questions you want answering then drop me a PM message and I see what can be done ok as I'm a qualified midwife.
Student_xx03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Most universities may ask for English, Maths, & a science subject - usually Biology for midwifing.
Check with your chosen universities on what there entry requirements are first before even deciding which subjects to drop ok.
If any questions you want answering then drop me a PM message and I see what can be done ok as I'm a qualified midwife.
Okay thank you soo much, that really helps that your a midwife. If I have any questions I will defo message you. Thanks so much
Student_xx03
Rep:
?
(Original post by xbeckkie)
Biology would help you but one of my friends didn’t do A level or Btec biology and was accepted into her nursing course. I’m sure it will be the same for midwifery. Could always do an access course if you’re worried or online biology course
Yep that’s so true, thank you for your advice x
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am very glad you are helping on this thread, Tracey. You are such an asset to TSR.
Tracey_W
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
I am very glad you are helping on this thread, Tracey. You are such an asset to TSR
Oxford Mum
Thanks for your vote of confidence xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (101)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.22%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (236)
31.13%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (371)
48.94%

Watched Threads