The Student Room Group

I want to apply for a job but my uni time table is not confirmed yet

The jobs I'm applying for online ask for days and times I'm able to work for but my university hasn't given us a timetable yet. I'm worried that if I wait for my timetable there won't be any vacancies. I really need a job as my SFE won't cover my living costs. Should I wait for my uni to send my timetable (most likely arrive in 2 weeks)??

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
apply now, they do ask on the applications but if you get an interview the employer will ask again what time you are available to work, i imagine by the time you have an interview you will have your timetable and can work out when you’re available. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Rozzz
The jobs I'm applying for online ask for days and times I'm able to work for but my university hasn't given us a timetable yet. I'm worried that if I wait for my timetable there won't be any vacancies. I really need a job as my SFE won't cover my living costs. Should I wait for my uni to send ou my timetable (most likely arrive in 2 weeks)??

Thanks in advance :smile:

Keep in mind that large chunks of your time are almost guaranteed to be free. You won't have uni classes at the weekend for example, and it's unlikely you'll have classes in the evening.

If they just want an idea of your availability, express that you're free evenings and weekends (or whatever you're willing to work), with potentially more availability in the week when you know your timetable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending