Will the grade boundaries be low ? GCSE Autumn re-sits 2020

Watch this thread
mansipansi
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

As the title suggests, I am re-sitting my English language and Literature GCSEs in November due to my CAGs being really low.

Due to not being actively studying for 6 months over the lockdown hoped to pass, I have realised that I have forgot a lot of content that I need to know for my Literature which I have to re-learn over my A levels.

Please can anyone predict whether the grade boundaries in Autumn 2020 probably going to be lower or not ?

Thank you
katnix
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
For English Literature I don’t think the grade boundaries will be lower I think you just have to do a reduced content of things like for example this year you won’t have to do poetry. I think if you forgotten nearly all the content it’s best to hire a private tutor to help you revise in English literature or start studying the text. It’s on the government website on what changes they have decided to make in English Literature.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
there's no point in predicting grade boundaries as they'll be set once marking has been done. boundaries will depend on the performance of the cohort and i doubt you're the only one who hasn't done much revision for the gcses they're resitting.
ashh04
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
no because i did my resists for both lang and lit and it was the exact same content; AQA
Literature: poetry, unseen poetry, and AIC
Language was the same too
Last edited by ashh04; 1 year ago
ashh04
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katnix)
For English Literature I don’t think the grade boundaries will be lower I think you just have to do a reduced content of things like for example this year you won’t have to do poetry. I think if you forgotten nearly all the content it’s best to hire a private tutor to help you revise in English literature or start studying the text. It’s on the government website on what changes they have decided to make in English Literature.
no because i did my resists for both lang and lit and it was the exact same content; AQA
ashh04
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
rubiw-23
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
what questions did you get for the poetry
rubiw-23
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ashh04)
what question did you get for the resists
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.03%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.35%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (35)
25.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
19.85%

Watched Threads