cchloepx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi.

I'm applying to university this year (so starting 2021). I probably won't qualify for much SAAS funding because of my mum's job but I know I can get some sort of naval/army funding because my dad was in the Navy and died.

The problem is I don't really know how to access any funding. I don't know what to apply to or when, and since my brother didn't go to uni there's no one I can ask about it because I don't know anyone in the same situation.

Any help?
Firewood1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The standard funding for uni is from Student Finance, which has separate branches in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. If you live in England - then Student Finance England. Find them on Facebook for a start: http://facebook.com/SFEngland
Typically universities offer scholarships. You might choose a university, which could offer you a scholarship because of your Army connection or, indeed, because of your other special circumstances. This funding will be on top of the Student Finance funding.
Last edited by Firewood1; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Today on TSR

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.96%
Less motivated (194)
69.04%

Watched Threads