No finance, course starts tomorrow..

Watch
b00mzx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ok so a long story short (partly my fault). I had to suspend my studies last year (civil engineering) and was in agreeement with the uni that I would reapply this year for a brand new course (not civ eng).....applied to SFE and UCAS and only last week did the uni get in touch to say it isn't running this year.........

Called SFE on 4th to tell them and it was only then did they say "oh you need to fill in a paper application instead"??? I had to find a new course which I have been accepted on and reapply......They are saying 4-6 weeks and it starts tomorrow - where does this leave me? I am worried about going bc I don't have funding atm! HELP
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by b00mzx)
Ok so a long story short (partly my fault). I had to suspend my studies last year (civil engineering) and was in agreeement with the uni that I would reapply this year for a brand new course (not civ eng).....applied to SFE and UCAS and only last week did the uni get in touch to say it isn't running this year.........

Called SFE on 4th to tell them and it was only then did they say "oh you need to fill in a paper application instead"??? I had to find a new course which I have been accepted on and reapply......They are saying 4-6 weeks and it starts tomorrow - where does this leave me? I am worried about going bc I don't have funding atm! HELP
most universities give a month - 6 weeks before they expect tuition fees to be paid so you have time for that, definitely give them a warning beforehand and they may give you more time.
b00mzx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Brilliant thank you 🙂
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by b00mzx)

I go off to university this weekend I applied late for Student Finance in like early mid August and still don't have it. It's been keeping me up every night this past week I have no idea how I'll survive. I'll only have my parents' savings and the £200 or so I have in my bank account
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.96%
Less motivated (194)
69.04%

Watched Threads