Should I take double or triple science?

Watch
Olly.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I don't know whether I should take double or triple science. I would like to take double but I'm not particularly good at Physics (the maths part of it) and really don't enjoy doing science at all. My family wants me to do triple but I don't plan to do science for A level or even for a future job. Should I do double or change my mind and go for triple?
Last edited by Olly.; 2 months ago
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
if you don't like physics then don't take it for GCSE. I wish I did psychology or something I found more interesting.
Emily~3695
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you don’t like science just do double, will you be able to do another subject if you only do double?
Olly.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Emily~3695)
If you don’t like science just do double, will you be able to do another subject if you only do double?
No, I'm not taking any other extra subjects as I'm not allowed to. I was just wondering if not doing so well on Physics will bring down my grades altogether?
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I took double science and it was the best decision I have ever made!

I hated science, wasn’t good at it and didn’t want a career that involved science.

If you know that you don’t want to study science at a higher level, and don’t want a career that involves science, I would take double.

There’s no point taking triple science if you’re going to hate it. If you hate it, you will do worse in it. Take a subject you enjoy instead!
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Olly.)
No, I'm not taking any other extra subjects as I'm not allowed to. I was just wondering if not doing so well on Physics will bring down my grades altogether?
It will yes. If you do great in Biology and Chemistry, but fail physics, your overall grade will be affected
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
With double science there's a risk that your physics will drag down your hard work in the others, since the sciences are equally weighted a third each for double science. (all the marks are added up and your grade is decided on that) But you need to weigh this up because taking triple science will mean you do more of each science, including physics. Unless your physics is much worse than your other sciences, I'd generally say do double if you don't want to do anything in the sciences in the future.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Things to bear in mind:

Triple science has less content to it than
Double science + 1 non-science GCSE

Your overall double science grade will be partially dictated by what you get in physics.
However, if you take triple science your physics grade won't effect what you get in biology and chem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.75%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads