COVID home test result time

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Recently had to do a corona virus test because on Tuesday I developed what I thought was just a regular cold but I had a high temperature, sore throat, coughing and loss of smell and taste which are also symptoms of Covid so I managed to get a home test and sent it off on Friday night. Anyone have any idea of the time it’ll take to get results for home tests? It seems there’s a huge delay and I’m actually really lucky to get one. Not lucky in the sense that I fell ill on my first week off I’ve had to relax from work since around June. I’m due back in work tomorrow but I’ve told my manager I haven’t had my results and I don’t know if I will so they’re expecting me to ring just before I’m due to be in to tell them if I’ve had my results which is really unorganised to me. Anyone have any experience of getting their results just after a weekend?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Recently had to do a corona virus test because on Tuesday I developed what I thought was just a regular cold but I had a high temperature, sore throat, coughing and loss of smell and taste which are also symptoms of Covid so I managed to get a home test and sent it off on Friday night. Anyone have any idea of the time it’ll take to get results for home tests? It seems there’s a huge delay and I’m actually really lucky to get one. Not lucky in the sense that I fell ill on my first week off I’ve had to relax from work since around June. I’m due back in work tomorrow but I’ve told my manager I haven’t had my results and I don’t know if I will so they’re expecting me to ring just before I’m due to be in to tell them if I’ve had my results which is really unorganised to me. Anyone have any experience of getting their results just after a weekend?
There is a big delay, obviously because more people are requesting tests and being tested. Were you unable to go to a local testing centre? I had my test done Friday 9:30am at a centre and got my results at 00:30am Saturday morning, so it is super speedy. I imagine once they have received your test, you should get the results back within 48 hours but it could potentially take up to 5 days.

Please do not go into work (hopefully you didn't). You should stay off until you've had a negative result and until your symptoms have gone away and you've been symptom free for 48 hours, just in case.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
There is a big delay, obviously because more people are requesting tests and being tested. Were you unable to go to a local testing centre? I had my test done Friday 9:30am at a centre and got my results at 00:30am Saturday morning, so it is super speedy. I imagine once they have received your test, you should get the results back within 48 hours but it could potentially take up to 5 days.

Please do not go into work (hopefully you didn't). You should stay off until you've had a negative result and until your symptoms have gone away and you've been symptom free for 48 hours, just in case.
My closest local testing centre was really far away when I submitted my details and I didn’t feel well enough to travel anyways so I thought it would be better for me to do a home test. Don’t worry, I’ve not gone into work and I’ve explained to them I won’t be returning until I know my results and feel well enough to do so. I’m considering contacting them if I don’t hear anything by tomorrow but I know the line is busy and people aren’t even able to get tested at the moment so I’m not sure whether to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
16.67%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
25.93%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.56%
No, I haven't received any communication (28)
51.85%

Watched Threads