Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
To join a NHS dentist do you simply just ring one up and ask if they're accepting new patients? might sound silly but what payment methods do dentist accept? and if you go and for example need two root canals is that band 3 x2? or you pay band 3 price and whatever work needs doing on the day is included?
Littleemma98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
To join a NHS dentist do you simply just ring one up and ask if they're accepting new patients? might sound silly but what payment methods do dentist accept? and if you go and for example need two root canals is that band 3 x2? or you pay band 3 price and whatever work needs doing on the day is included?
Yes either phone up of go into the local dentist that does NHS work,
They will accept cash or cards .
Root canal treatment should be covered under band 2 pricing as that's cost of the whole treatment which is about £65 - 70 I think.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Littleemma98)
Yes either phone up of go into the local dentist that does NHS work,
They will accept cash or cards .
Root canal treatment should be covered under band 2 pricing as that's cost of the whole treatment which is about £65 - 70 I think.
Thank you just to confirm if i go and need more than 1 root canal for example i only pay £65-£70?
Littleemma98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you just to confirm if i go and need more than 1 root canal for example i only pay £65-£70?
No probs

Before any treatment like that begins they supposed to let you know the cost of the whole treatment like.
Its only for one tooth treatment as I said you should be told about costs prior to starting treatment ok, as that way you decide to go-ahead or not at that point .
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Correct me I’m wrong someone but I’m rather certain if you go to a nhs dentist they examine your teeth and stuff then give you a cost and plan but the cost is for the treatment you need at that time so say you went tomorrow and needed two root canal treatment you would only need to pay the band 2 price but if you went and had 1 root canal then a few months later needed another you would have to pay again.

So I don’t believe the band is per tooth so heaven forbid you need two root canal treatments it should only cost you I believe £62 for band 2.I’m not a dentist neither have I ever needed more then one tooth worked on at a time so can’t say for sure if it’s per truth so someone please correct if you actually know for sure.

Either way you should only need to pay £62 or £62+£62 unless they want you to have a crown then you’re talking £200+
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
“You can have all the necessary treatments in the same course if it is clinically appropriate and you only pay for that band of treatment once. For example, if it is necessary and appropriate to have more than one crown and multiple fillings on NHS, then you only pay for a Band 3 once under that course of treatment. However, in some cases it may be necessary to have some of the required treatment followed by a period of healing and observation before starting a new course of treatment for the remainder of the work. In these cases you need to pay again for the new course of treatment.”

Found on a dentist website.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (35)
21.47%
No (128)
78.53%

Watched Threads