Report 1 month ago
Arcane Ascension
ThePsychKid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really loved the Noughts & Crosses trilogy tbh

(I know you said choose a book, but choosing just one is almost impossible for me haha)
Joy L
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ThePsychKid)
I really loved the Noughts & Crosses trilogy tbh

(I know you said choose a book, but choosing just one is almost impossible for me haha)
i've never read it but heard gr8 things about them!, have u seen the new film too
Joy L
Rep:
?
I recently read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and although I initially hated it I ended up loving it in the end
wannabedoctor02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is going to hurt

By adam kay
Joy L
Rep:
?
(Original post by wannabedoctor02)
This is going to hurt

By adam kay
oo, haven't heard of this author before
Cute Kawaii
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Kite RunnerπŸ’–
I like how the character is maturing throughout the book and trying to make peace with the past.
Also, its a different culture for me.
So much adventure.
alisha_imy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joy L)
Comment below your favourite book or a book you have really enjoyed reading
Kite runner and also a thousand splendid suns - your going to cry just letting u know
Cute Kawaii
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The broken heart club (ik sounds childish) but its not rlly that childish. And at the time i read it, i rlly needed the book. If yk what i mean
Joy L
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cute Kawaii)
The Kite RunnerπŸ’–
I like how the character is maturing throughout the book and trying to make peace with the past.
Also, its a different culture for me.
So much adventure.
I love The Kite Runner too by Khaled Hosseini. Have you read A Thousand Splendid Suns by him too. I think I actually prefer A Thousand Splendid Suns although they r both great books. wasn't a fan of And The Mountains Echoed
Cute Kawaii
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joy L)
I love The Kite Runner too by Khaled Hosseini. Have you read A Thousand Splendid Suns by him too. I think I actually prefer A Thousand Splendid Suns although they r both great books. wasn't a fan of And The Mountains Echoed
Yes yes omg😍😍😍
Joy L
Rep:
?
Yes yes omg😍😍😍
have you seen the film of TKR, its so sad
ThePsychKid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joy L)
i've never read it but heard gr8 things about them!, have u seen the new film too
Well you should definitely read it! I read it years ago but I still remember all of it, all of the details, the heartache, the cute moments, everything. It's one of those books that's really powerful and leaves an impression on you, years after you first read it. It's really powerful, if that makes sense haha. And no, I haven't watched the film but I don't want to. I want to always be able to read the book with how I imagined the characters not the cast of the film Makes it that much more sentimental in a way haha
Joy L
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThePsychKid)
Well you should definitely read it! I read it years ago but I still remember all of it, all of the details, the heartache, the cute moments, everything. It's one of those books that's really powerful and leaves an impression on you, years after you first read it. It's really powerful, if that makes sense haha. And no, I haven't watched the film but I don't want to. I want to always be able to read the book with how I imagined the characters not the cast of the film Makes it that much more sentimental in a way haha
true, will deffo have to purchase it now and give it a read xx thx for the recommendation
Cute Kawaii
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joy L)
have you seen the film of TKR, its so sad
I haven't watched the film. Only read the book. Is it better than the book??
Joy L
Rep:
?
I haven't watched the film. Only read the book. Is it better than the book??
they miss out what happens in the bathroom at the end of the book in the film but it is incredibly heart-wrenching and in my opinion is pretty good seeing as i usually don't like the film versions of books
Joy L
Rep:
?
just thought i'd add that i just finished reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum and would thoroughly recommend

Although I've seen the film loads of times as its a classic, i'd never actually read the book before. Found it interesting how in the book Dorothy's shoes were silver, yet in the film they were ruby red.
Cute Kawaii
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joy L)
they miss out what happens in the bathroom at the end of the book in the film but it is incredibly heart-wrenching and in my opinion is pretty good seeing as i usually don't like the film versions of books
Omdsss I have to see nowww πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
Joy L
Rep:
?
Omdsss I have to see nowww πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
how did you find out about TKR the only reason i did is becos I studyied it for A Level. Once I read TKR I had to read some of his other books. They're so good! (apart from and the mountains echoed, wasn't a big fan of tht one)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.75%
I'm not sure (5)
2.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (70)
35.53%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.52%
I'm not a current university student (86)
43.65%

Watched Threads