iuosfdbifdsfisf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I need some potential problems featuring multifunctional living also any design ideas for a product to make
Advertisement
p-cookson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
are you looking for problems with multifunctional living or problems you could fix or find solutions for by making something multifunctional?
If you can think of some problems such as disability, lack of space, budget, then you will find it much easier to come up with design ideas.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You need to narrow this down really a multipurpose product can be literally anything as long as it provides two or more functions.
It helps to have a client and associated problem they have, as you can feedback to them over the course of the project and you will get marks for this.
It's best to start off with a spider diagram of potential groups to do with multi-functional living i.e one branch for say uni students another branch for young families another branch for middle aged people and so on and so forth. This is because different ages and family dynamics have different needs when it comes to a multipurpose product, a teenage is less likely to want garden equipment for instance than a retired person.
You can use a different colour for each area.
Under each branch write a list of potential problems in this area, this can either be from your experience (if you are a member of that group) or from asking people in surveys and questionnaires. Not every problem can be solved with a product e.g sheds being too small to house a spade and a rake isn't really in your remit but something like a combined spade and rake for instance could be.
After you have all your problems written down you can then decide which one has the most potential for a product, make sure they are 'real' problems i.e not just things you have made up (this is where surveys really help, plenty of facebook groups allow you to post surveys).

Hope that helps :hugs:
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.04%
I don't have everything I need (141)
41.96%

Watched Threads