The Student Room Group

dentistry and a possible gap year? *help*

um so i basically did my ucat and looking at other people’s scores i literally don’t stand a chance . i got 612.5 and b2 and it’s frustrating cause i was doing decent in my mocks but i think i just got nervous and also got a bad set of qr tbh :frown: and it’s basically stressing me out cause dentistry is what i essentially what to do but my ucat has just ruined my chances .. i’m preparing myself for not getting any offers tbh and i’m thinking of taking a gap year??? but i’m just upset abt how i’m probably going to be behind my year and i’ll feel out of place after a gap year :frown:(( i literally feel so lost as to what i should try to do :frown:
Original post by nightsky24
um so i basically did my ucat and looking at other people’s scores i literally don’t stand a chance . i got 612.5 and b2 and it’s frustrating cause i was doing decent in my mocks but i think i just got nervous and also got a bad set of qr tbh :frown: and it’s basically stressing me out cause dentistry is what i essentially what to do but my ucat has just ruined my chances .. i’m preparing myself for not getting any offers tbh and i’m thinking of taking a gap year??? but i’m just upset abt how i’m probably going to be behind my year and i’ll feel out of place after a gap year :frown:(( i literally feel so lost as to what i should try to do :frown:

girrllllll bye 👋🏾 your score is not bad! It’s great! Like ppl make you seem you get low with their 700s and 800s but it’s ntd. You just need average around 600s and your good. I got unfortunately 585 average and although it’s not the best, I tried and so did you. You can still apply! I wanna do dentistry too and if I don’t get the predicted grades for it to apply (I’m a*bb) then I’ll apply for biomed and see where life takes me. My point is still apply, you have a chance or use the other life routes although longer it’s worth it if you really wanna do it
You can still apply with your UCAT score, you’ll just have to be more strategic. It also depends on the strength of other factors of your application e.g. GCSEs, predicted grades etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Mesopotamian.
You can still apply with your UCAT score, you’ll just have to be more strategic. It also depends on the strength of other factors of your application e.g. GCSEs, predicted grades etc.

at gcse i got 3A*s 4As and 2Bs my predictions are 3As
Original post by nightsky24
at gcse i got 3A*s 4As and 2Bs my predictions are 3As

Just apply. There isn’t any harm in not applying. If you get interviews, then great. If not, you haven’t lost out on anything and can just take the gap year as planned.
Reply 5
Original post by Gumballfan
girrllllll bye 👋🏾 your score is not bad! It’s great! Like ppl make you seem you get low with their 700s and 800s but it’s ntd. You just need average around 600s and your good. I got unfortunately 585 average and although it’s not the best, I tried and so did you. You can still apply! I wanna do dentistry too and if I don’t get the predicted grades for it to apply (I’m a*bb) then I’ll apply for biomed and see where life takes me. My point is still apply, you have a chance or use the other life routes although longer it’s worth it if you really wanna do it

thank you :/ hope everything works out for you! ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest