The Student Room Group

Mature student in halls?

Hey,
When i start uni I'll be 25 (female), and i'm in two minds about staying in halls. Part of me, thinks it'll be good for the social aspect and getting the "the full uni experience". But then the other part of me thinks it would be weird for others as most people would be age 18/19, and could be seemed as very strange. One of the uni halls i'm looking at does studio flats, but then i'm worried that i'll miss out on the social aspect.

Is it weird to be in shared halls when you're 25? or shall i stick with the studio and join lots of socities? Help!
It’s not weird. Me and many others on my course became good friends with a 26 year old on our course. You couldn’t tell the difference. 100% apply for halls and enjoy the full uni experience. You’ll regret it if you don’t
Btw when you said mature I thought you would be much older until I read your post 😂
Original post by Eaphysics
Btw when you said mature I thought you would be much older until I read your post 😂

I was surprised too when i first got told that i would be a mature student haha! Thanks for the advice, so nervous about it as everyone will be 5/6 years older than me. I'm not too worried about the people on the course, more of the people i live with in halls and whether to get a studio flat or a shared one in halls 🙈
Original post by therealscript96
I was surprised too when i first got told that i would be a mature student haha! Thanks for the advice, so nervous about it as everyone will be 5/6 years older than me. I'm not too worried about the people on the course, more of the people i live with in halls and whether to get a studio flat or a shared one in halls 🙈

100% pick halls. You’re still so young. I’m pretty sure there were plenty of 25 year olds in my halls but you honestly couldn’t tell. Everyone looks the same age lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending