The Student Room Group

2021 Dentistry

Does anyone know which universities have said that you can still apply for dentistry if your predicted grades are lower than the standard offer?I know Bristol have
Reply 1
Original post by yoooo123
Does anyone know which universities have said that you can still apply for dentistry if your predicted grades are lower than the standard offer?I know Bristol have

sorry this is off topic, but do u know if Bristol requires work experience still?
Reply 2
Original post by klywi03
sorry this is off topic, but do u know if Bristol requires work experience still?

Not too sure but in general it seems that universities understand that it has been difficult to find any because of corona.
Also if you don't have much experience maybe do online courses if you haven't already like 'discover dentistry'
Reply 3
Can I apply for dentistry with ABB predicted and 2700 ucat?
Ecolier is correct, standard dentistry entry is AAA or A*AA. Only widening participation/ access courses have lower requirements but of course you need to check your eligibility.
Reply 5
What's widening participation?
Original post by yoooo123
What's widening participation?

Some dental schools offer “access” or “gateway” courses which are essentially pre-dental entry. It’s an extra year which prepares you for entering the dental course. It’s aimed at people from underperforming schools, low socio-economic backgrounds, have been in care etc. You can check your eligibility on their websites.

Bristol, Leeds and KCL do these courses from what I can remember at the top of my head.
Reply 7
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest