The Student Room Group

2020/2021 Medicine in Bulgaria Pleven vs Trakia

Hi, I'm planning on studying medicine in Bulgaria but I have to choose between Pleven and Trakia. What are the pros and cons of both. Pleven seems to be considered the best after reading through some threads but I'd love to hear people's personal experiences at both these unis please. Inc; the quality of teaching, students support from professors and admin staff, access to and diversity of clinical placements and lab activities, teaching of clinical skills, medical school and hospital facilities, research opportunities, eurasmus exchange opportunities and the location: the locals, shops and entertainment.
Also what's the A-level entry requirements of these medical schools and what's the entry test like.
Reply 1
Original post by FutureM.D
Hi, I'm planning on studying medicine in Bulgaria but I have to choose between Pleven and Trakia. What are the pros and cons of both. Pleven seems to be considered the best after reading through some threads but I'd love to hear people's personal experiences at both these unis please. Inc; the quality of teaching, students support from professors and admin staff, access to and diversity of clinical placements and lab activities, teaching of clinical skills, medical school and hospital facilities, research opportunities, eurasmus exchange opportunities and the location: the locals, shops and entertainment.
Also what's the A-level entry requirements of these medical schools and what's the entry test like.

Check your inbox
the pro's : Pleven
the cons: trakia
I dont hear about doctors in the uk that graduated from trakia but I know of a lot from Pleven lul
Reply 3
Hey guys I’m a 5th year medical student in Pleven. If you do choose Pleven over Trakia and is looking for an apartment please feel free to message me.
hi joel do bulgarian universities accept student loans as i have recieved very mixed messages about this
Reply 5
Original post by Sksksksksksk
hi joel do bulgarian universities accept student loans as i have recieved very mixed messages about this

The university I go to (Pleven) used to have student loans done by a bank called Raffeisen but they no longer do it. I personally pay my own expenses and have help from my parents for the fees. I hope I helped.
Original post by FutureM.D

hey did u get all the info u were looking for?would u mind sharing?
Original post by evajones023
Hi Joel! May I ask you how did you apply? On your own or through agency?

Hi there,

I also attend Pleven medical university and I applied through representatives of the university called Medical doorway, who provide help with applying freely as they arent an agency!
Original post by evajones023
Hi Joel! May I ask you how did you apply? On your own or through agency?

Is pleven still accepting loans from banks in general?
Reply 9
There are no student loans available in pleven at all.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Joel60
Hey guys I’m a 5th year medical student in Pleven. If you do choose Pleven over Trakia and is looking for an apartment please feel free to message me.

Can u guide me on how to clear entrance exam because i got conditional acceptance so please guide me how to get past papers
Original post by Joel60

Hi. I'm interested.
Hello

I am looking for accommodation too, would like to have a flat mate. I got a seat in Trakia University
Ready to share flat with vet students or med students Looking for female flat mates only.
Any leads please do suggest.
I am Indian by nationality but residing in Dubai.
Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

I am looking for accommodation too, would like to have a flat mate. I got a seat in Trakia University
Ready to share flat with vet students or med students Looking for female flat mates only.
Any leads please do suggest.
I am Indian by nationality but residing in Dubai.
Thanks

Hi, My daughter got a place in Trakia med and She is from UK. Will be ok to discuss further on flat mates.
Reply 14
Original post by Medmeduk
Hi, My daughter got a place in Trakia med and She is from UK. Will be ok to discuss further on flat mates.

The issue is how we are going to exchange the contact details?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending