Guest1111q
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I applied for student finance a while back. That was the easy part. Now due to my status I had a residence permit which expired in September. Student finance wanted proof that I was a resident in the UK in the year 2017 and 2018 so basically if I wasn’t an illegal immigrant. 😕Now I sent proof I was legally in the country and applying for a residence permit at the time and they moved on. Later I found out that they now wanted proof I am going to apply for another residence permit since mine is expired at the start of September. I sent them the application form and they said it would take 6 weeks to process it which would mean I would be in my second week of uni with no money at all.Then that evidence was rejected and they said I needed a home office letter stating I am applying for one but the home office won’t provide a letter for something like this.. now I’m stuck. My mum has screamed at them over the phone and NOW they are saying they have rung the home office and are awaiting confirmation from them and this will usually take 10 days but can take longer. They really stress students out because finances are very important to some students. I understand the need to complete thorough checks but as a student who received EMA I should also be eligible for student finance. Also they do realise this stress can put so much stress on students who rely on their finances to survive. I’m paying off a laptop and I’ll have to start paying off accommodation and living expenses which I won’t be able to afford. I won’t even be able to have a social life at this rate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (8)
22.86%
No (27)
77.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed