I looked on the website and it said there'd be a time allocated to move in

Has anyone been emailed their time yet? Not sure if I've missed an email

Scroll to see replies

I have the same question for Fylde.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Daughters waiting on Grizedale. Have you had a move in day yet? she filled out the arrivals form on the link on plan your journey ( https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/welcome/campus-learners/plan-your-journey/ ) to say Saturday 26th would be the best date, but no mail from accommodation to say an allotted time as such.

And on the covid-19 page https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/covid-19/#will-all-students-be-moving-in-on-the-same-day-
it says on the Q and A section ''We will be staggering arrivals and managing the numbers arriving in to different colleges and buildings over a longer period of time. Your Accommodation Manager will advise you of your arrival day, and invite you to follow our online Accommodation Induction to completion in order to choose an arrival time on the day in question''

Pendle are meant to be moving on the 21st/22nd, have you not had an email yet? They cutting it a bit fine with it being just a week away. Its a bit all last min, and some us have to plan for time off work for annual leave, so were hoping to get late Friday or Saturday,
I’ve been told for Fylde that first years are expected Friday 25th and regarding time, this is very much flexible from 9am onwards.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been told for Fylde that first years are expected Friday 25th and regarding time, this is very much flexible from 9am onwards.

I dont think shes even been told a specific day yet.I imagine they have had to sort out international arrvials first what with them moving in yesterday.
My son got told his move in date was Saturday 26th for Grizedale. He asked about times and I think the central accommodation office is going to send an induction email and you can book the time slot then.
Original post by chicken little
My son got told his move in date was Saturday 26th for Grizedale. He asked about times and I think the central accommodation office is going to send an induction email and you can book the time slot then.

My Son is going into Fylde and don't quote me on this but i don't think they are worried so much about the time you arrive as long as you arrive on teh day you are allocated. This is on the basis that people are travelling from all areas and arriving at a specific time will be difficult. I've been told keys will be available from 9am onwards and after 4pm they will be with the Porters.

hi when was that notifcation for the actual day of the move on grizedale? we have been told nothing.
hi when was that notifcation for the actual day of the move on grizedale? we have been told nothing.

The email came from the Grizedale accommodation manager on the same day (17th August) as the accommodation offer came through.
The email came from the Grizedale accommodation manager on the same day (17th August) as the accommodation offer came through.

Shes checked it. 26th. She thought that was the date of the contract start i think :biggrin:
Daughters waiting on Grizedale. Have you had a move in day yet? she filled out the arrivals form on the link on plan your journey ( https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/welcome/campus-learners/plan-your-journey/ ) to say Saturday 26th would be the best date, but no mail from accommodation to say an allotted time as such.

And on the covid-19 page https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/covid-19/#will-all-students-be-moving-in-on-the-same-day-
it says on the Q and A section ''We will be staggering arrivals and managing the numbers arriving in to different colleges and buildings over a longer period of time. Your Accommodation Manager will advise you of your arrival day, and invite you to follow our online Accommodation Induction to completion in order to choose an arrival time on the day in question''

Pendle are meant to be moving on the 21st/22nd, have you not had an email yet? They cutting it a bit fine with it being just a week away. Its a bit all last min, and some us have to plan for time off work for annual leave, so were hoping to get late Friday or Saturday,

I've had an email about my arrival day (mine is the 21st) and also a form from my department yesterday which was to confirm my arrival date, however I've had nothing sent to me about a time or anything about the Accommodation Induction yet

To add to the confusion, I also just did this course offered by the university called "Ready for University" and on that it said keys can be collected from 10am? I don't know if this is outdated information or not though

Let me know if you get any clarification! :smile:
I've had an email about my arrival day (mine is the 21st) and also a form from my department yesterday which was to confirm my arrival date, however I've had nothing sent to me about a time or anything about the Accommodation Induction yet

To add to the confusion, I also just did this course offered by the university called "Ready for University" and on that it said keys can be collected from 10am? I don't know if this is outdated information or not though

Its probably outdated info on the ready to university. if move in times are between 9-4 which ive heard, then its definitely old information. I contacted lancaster university accommodation page on fb regarding not hearing about a move in date and i got this:
''The colleges will be sending out further information this week, the arrival day is usually communicated following the room offer. If your daughter sends us a message, we'll be able to check it for her! Best Wishes''.
So i think the move in time has to come this week.
My daughter would love to go to Lancaster next year but the AAB listed grade requirement might be a bit aspirational. Could anyone enlighten me as to whether they tend to offer or accept applicants below their published entry requirements? (I know this year was obviously not the norm!)
Original post by Runswick
My daughter would love to go to Lancaster next year but the AAB listed grade requirement might be a bit aspirational. Could anyone enlighten me as to whether they tend to offer or accept applicants below their published entry requirements? (I know this year was obviously not the norm!)

Hi Runswick, as far as I'm aware unis in general do have some grade forgiveness to a certain extent (with the exception of oxbridge ucl imperial etc). When my daughter applied last year she put things into perspective when choosing her 5. She had an aspirational uni, then 3 of her choices were a target which were reachable, then the last one was one that was going to be the clearing choice/ insurance choice should grades slip over time.
And also some unis offer a less entrance than advertised. For Leicester the entrance was ABB, but she was offered BBC (this was october last year before covid), so Lancaster definitely worth going for :smile:
Its probably outdated info on the ready to university. if move in times are between 9-4 which ive heard, then its definitely old information. I contacted lancaster university accommodation page on fb regarding not hearing about a move in date and i got this:
''The colleges will be sending out further information this week, the arrival day is usually communicated following the room offer. If your daughter sends us a message, we'll be able to check it for her! Best Wishes''.
So i think the move in time has to come this week.

My Son is going into Fylde and don't quote me on this but i don't think they are worried so much about the time you arrive as long as you arrive on teh day you are allocated. This is on the basis that people are travelling from all areas and arriving at a specific time will be difficult. I've been told keys will be available from 9am onwards and after 4pm they will be with the Porters.

Email came through for accommodation induction and daughters booked in for 11am-1pm sat 26th :biggrin:
I'm in Pendle College and due to be moving in on the 21st of September

I looked on the website and it said there'd be a time allocated to move in

Has anyone been emailed their time yet? Not sure if I've missed an email

i'm also in pendle and i got an email about booking a time slot to move in yesterday -- you've probably gotten it by now too.
Email came through for accommodation induction and daughters booked in for 11am-1pm sat 26th :biggrin:

son has booked for 12-2 on the 26th!
son has booked for 12-2 on the 26th!

That's awesome. I've come off anonymous, I don't why it was ticked. These were taken bank holiday August this year. Hubby daughter and youngest daughter and myself had another nosey. It was super quiet back then. Loved the pics of the postit notes on the windows with friends quotes lol. Whats your son studying?
.IMG_1764.JPGIMG_1763.JPGIMG_1762.JPG
Original post by Ghostlady
That's awesome. I've come off anonymous, I don't why it was ticked. These were taken bank holiday August this year. Hubby daughter and youngest daughter and myself had another nosey. It was super quiet back then. Loved the pics of the postit notes on the windows with friends quotes lol. Whats your son studying?
.IMG_1764.JPGIMG_1763.JPGIMG_1762.JPG

He is doing history and spanish
Not related but, in the registration centre, what did you all upload for the evidence of your student finance loan? I have no clue what it's referring to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending