is it possible to get rejected from a 2:2 entry requirement if you have a 1st?

Watch
SeokPark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If the course is highly competitive and entry requirement is 2:2. Is it possible to get rejected if you have a 1st in a relevant degree? I heard some universities operate as first come, first served rather than quality. Is it true?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SeokPark)
If the course is highly competitive and entry requirement is 2:2. Is it possible to get rejected if you have a 1st in a relevant degree? I heard some universities operate as first come, first served rather than quality. Is it true?
The course isn't highly competitive if a 2.2 is the academic requirement, unless there is some other application quality threshold that has to be met. That's simple supply and demand.
History98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SeokPark)
It would be really odd for a university to operate on a purely first come, first served basis.
Last edited by History98; 1 week ago
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Universities don't usually operate purely on a first come, first served basis for masters. I don't think there's a specific universal way that it's done but generally it will either be via a single deadline where everyone is guaranteed equal consideration, or in cycles where they will have numerous deadlines throughout the year, accepting the top students in each cycle, but with the potential for people who don't get admitted in the cycle they applied in to be accepted later on.

If you apply after the final deadline then it won't matter how good you are.

If a course is highly competitive and requires a 2.2, which could be the case for certain business courses (maybe law and finance too), then it would be worth looking into whether they expect applicants to have relevant work experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads