Why does this always happen at uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay, so I love eating food and when I am at home, I literally snack all day and eat so much but then as soon as I get to uni, its like my appetite just goes away completely to the point where I am basically bored of food.
For example, last year, I always skipped at least one meal whether it was breakfast or lunch (never dinner) and today, I only ate lunch (which was like 300 calories worth of rice) and nothing else and I am literally not even hungry and even had the energy to work out for two hours.
I don't understand what the problem is, like I'm not even lazy when it comes to making food but I just have no appetite when it comes to uni and managed to lose like 5 kilos of weight within the first semester last year
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
First world problems
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
First world problems
I mean this is a health concern rather than me complaining about not eating, I think you'd agree that 300 calories a day is not enough (especially considering I would eat 2000-3000 a day)
beneficialgirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bruh I’m literally the same at uni I think it’s cuz your body gets use to not eating so you don’t feel hungry but if you get into a routine and force yourself to eat three or two meals a day and at the same times over and over your body will trigger you to get hungry at those times.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by beneficialgirl)
Bruh I’m literally the same at uni I think it’s cuz your body gets use to not eating so you don’t feel hungry but if you get into a routine and force yourself to eat three or two meals a day and at the same times over and over your body will trigger you to get hungry at those times.
I literally don't understand how this happens. I've been at uni for 3 days (after 6 months at home) and already am eating less than 1000 calories a day :/
Its like as soon as I am by myself, I just don't get hungry at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (34)
21.38%
No (125)
78.62%

Watched Threads