The Student Room Group

Btec level 3

How many distinctions/merits/passes do I need to get DDD or DDM in btec level 3 extended diploma?
Original post by AsadH17
How many distinctions/merits/passes do I need to get DDD or DDM in btec level 3 extended diploma?

Hey, can you tell us what subject you're doing and any of the grades you've achieved already?
Reply 2
Business, 4 distinctions and 2 passes
Original post by AsadH17
Business, 4 distinctions and 2 passes

What did you get in each unit specifically? Some units are worth more than others.
Reply 4
Original post by tiktoksensation
What did you get in each unit specifically? Some units are worth more than others.

I passed both of my exams and got distinctions on my coursework. The units for my assignments are units 1,4,8,21
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AsadH17
I passed both of my exams and got distinctions on my coursework. The units for my assignments are units 1,4,8,21

Thanks. I'm not too familiar with the newer BTECs so these figures might not be 100% accurate.

If you wanted to achieve DDD overall, then you would need around 24 points in Unit 6 and Unit 7 and then Merits in your coursework units.
If you wanted to achieve DDM overall, then you would need around 14 points in Unit 6 and Unit 7 and then Merits in your coursework units.

You could compensate for better/worse performance in Unit 6 and Unit 7 through your coursework units so keep that in mind.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by tiktoksensation
Thanks. I'm not too familiar with the newer BTECs so these figures might not be 100% accurate.

If you wanted to achieve DDD overall, then you would need around 24 points in Unit 6 and Unit 7 and then Merits in your coursework units.
If you wanted to achieve DDM overall, then you would need around 14 points in Unit 6 and Unit 7 and then Merits in your coursework units.

You could compensate for better/worse performance in Unit 6 and Unit 7 through your coursework units so keep that in mind.

What do the points mean in the units 6 and 7?

thanks for the help
Original post by AsadH17
What do the points mean in the units 6 and 7?

thanks for the help

No problem. From what I can understand your raw marks in Unit 6 and Unit 7 are converted to a points score. In Unit 6, 14 points is around 37 marks and 24 points is around 57 marks. In Unit 7, 14 points is around 28 marks and 24 points is around 43 marks. This can vary slightly though. I'll link you the calculator and grade boundaries page that I used.

Grade calculator - https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

Grade boundaries - https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/btec-nationals-raw-points-calculator.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending