A few questions about Oxford postgrad application

Watch
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So in my 2nd year I have a high 2.1.

Basically, my university had a “safety net” policy due to covid which according to them counts towards final classification. I don’t know how this would work regarding transcript.

I completely bottled it when it came to semester 2. Semester one I scored 70,69,68. But in semester 2 I scored 65,61,61. Under my uni “safetynet” policy my mark would be a 69 due to performance before covid. This is in a Humanities subject btw.

Without the safety net I think I’m at 66.

Anyways I am a tad confused. My research suggests that unis look at final grade. But for Oxford the deadline to be eligible for scholarship funding is January. I haven’t got my deadlines or even timetables for this year yet, I’d hope I’d have 1 third year module mark for the first semester by then.

Soz for the rambling it’s 2am!!

If I apply for Oxford before January, do they still wait for my final transcript before making an offer?

How are they likely to view my grades? I’m guessing there’s no excuse for my drop in marks and I should have been better? I’m kicking myself aha.

I’m asking about scholarships because while I am confident that I can fund a 1 year masters due to savings, I am interested in a 2 year masters.
Last edited by username1292215; 2 weeks ago
aspiringacademic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
So in my 2nd year I have a high 2.1.

Basically, my university had a “safety net” policy due to covid which according to them counts towards final classification. I don’t know how this would work regarding transcript.

I completely bottled it when it came to semester 2. Semester one I scored 70,69,68. But in semester 2 I scored 65,61,61. Under my uni “safetynet” policy my mark would be a 69 due to performance before covid. This is in a Humanities subject btw.

Without the safety net I think I’m at 66.

Anyways I am a tad confused. My research suggests that unis look at final grade. But for Oxford the deadline to be eligible for scholarship funding is January. I haven’t got my deadlines or even timetables for this year yet, I’d hope I’d have 1 third year module mark for the first semester by then.

Soz for the rambling it’s 2am!!

If I apply for Oxford before January, do they still wait for my final transcript before making an offer?

How are they likely to view my grades? I’m guessing there’s no excuse for my drop in marks and I should have been better? I’m kicking myself aha.

I’m asking about scholarships because while I am confident that I can fund a 1 year masters due to savings, I am interested in a 2 year masters.
I am also in the same boat, I'm at 66 from everything with Covid and I'm applying to Oxford and Cambridge for a Humanities Masters. I am also nervous, but just remember that Ibz Mo got into Oxford Masters with a low 2:1 after they changed it from a 2:2 At Cambridge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.62%
No (319)
78.38%

Watched Threads