Completely unable to sleep?

Watch
laurenxgrly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've never had a problem sleeping, I can sleep through literally anything, but the heat in my new uni accommodation is making it completely impossible to get any sleep. I bought a big fan, turned off the radiator, opened up the window, I don't even cover myself with any blankets and yet I still can't get to sleep. I tried using ASMR to help put me to sleep but it doesn't help in the slightest. I don't know what to do, because I'm getting an hour of sleep at most broken up into 5-10 minute intervals. Is there anything else I can do to help me get to sleep?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Its probably the nerves of being in a new place.
Turn off screens ( yer phone, computer, TV, whatever ) as they are very stimulating to your brain. Dont try to force yourself to sleep, you should rather do something to calm yourself down and once you feel tired to hop in bed. Reading a book might be a good idea.
laurenxgrly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Its probably the nerves of being in a new place.
Turn off screens ( yer phone, computer, TV, whatever ) as they are very stimulating to your brain. Dont try to force yourself to sleep, you should rather do something to calm yourself down and once you feel tired to hop in bed. Reading a book might be a good idea.
I'll definitely give that a go, fingers crossed it works, thank you
EllaRose12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Insomnia?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.57%
No (280)
78.43%

Watched Threads