GP or Sexual Health Clinic

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm not here for a diagnosis obviously just wondering who I should turn to:
I recently discovered a noticeable lump on the shaft of my penis, I have never had sex but worry it might be something like genital warts which don't have to be transmitted via sex, but still don't know where I've caught it from as I am not sexually active at all. It doesn't cause me any discomfort or pain but wasn't there before so something's happened. Just want to know what it is and how to treat it.

Just wondering whether I should go to the GP or a Sexual Health Clinic, I don't want to go to the GP and then they refer me to a Sexual Health clinic or vice versa as I don't have heaps of free time and I will be wasting their time and mine. Obviously this could always happen but what would you recommend I go first.

Only asking this as I'm not sure if Sexual Health Clinics specialise in everything to do with genitalia or just STDs and sexual health.

Badges: 15
Report 1 week ago
I would probably go to your GP and remember that if they do refer you to a GUM clinic (sexual health clinic) you should make your health a priority.

Good luck
Last edited by andrei00; 1 week ago

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
Less motivated (146)

Watched Threads

View All