brokestudent3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I'd like to apply for Biomedical Science, wanting to go to Strathclyde. I didn't take any science at Higher so I want to do an Access to HE course in Biology, Chemistry, and Maths at Glasgow University 2021-2022. My other option is do sit highers as an external candidate in 2021-2022 and then go to college in 2022-2024 which will cost a lot more money and take a lot more time so I don't really want to do that. Has anyone applied for biomed sciences and went through the route of access courses? I'm only 17 right now and will be 18 in February and I can't do an access course at Strathclyde as you need to be 19 I think and I can't find any access/pre entry courses to Strathclyde that are science based. Thanks
Caitlin245
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I’m in a similar position to you, I’m also 17 and I’m taking the University of Glasgow’s Access course beginning this year in order to study psychology at undergraduate level. The Access programme is accepted for entry to the majority of universities in Scotland you just need to ensure to contact the universities you’d like to apply to for undergraduate study to make sure they accept the qualification. I personally haven’t contacted Strathclyde Uni but every other university I have contacted has said yes that they will consider the Access programme as a suitable entry qualification. Typically you should take two subjects on access but if you don’t have the math qualification you can take math through the Access programme though it will be a very fast paced course (bringing you from Nat 5 level to university level). The staff who ran the Access programme recommended an online equivalent to Nat 5 math course “access to Maths level 5” through the university of Aberdeen as a self paced option to gain the math qualification (it is accepted by the majority of unitiversities in Scotland as well including Strathclyde). I hope this helps, feel free to contact me if you have any more questions Caitlin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads