Anyone else expecting a student finance delay?

Watch
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Student finance Wales though
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes I'm going to be broke as **** at uni 🙃🔫
Jones448
Rep:
?
(Original post by Popsiclez)
Yes I'm going to be broke as **** at uni 🙃🔫
Same here! Supposed to have money to help me with food etc but didn’t manage to have any today because they didn’t pay
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jones448)
Same here! Supposed to have money to help me with food etc but didn’t manage to have any today because they didn’t pay
I submitted my application on August 6th it's been more than 6 weeks. They asked for my birth certificate because of some BS that my date of birth didnt match my passprot (which is a lie, I think I know my own birthday) so I had to order a replacement birth certificate as I lost the original so I had to wait a week for that to arrive so that I could send it off to student finance. I sent it off like over a week ago first class

The thought of being broke at uni keeps me up at night. The only thing I'll have to survive off of is the £200 in my bank account and having to dip into my parents' savings. I have to move in this Friday and I'm freaking the f.k out.

I came to university to get a degree to get money. Money shouldn't be a prerequisite to get a degree ffs. I'm thinking about selling my old Wii U
Jones448
Rep:
?
I submitted my application on August 6th it's been more than 6 weeks. They asked for my birth certificate because of some BS that my date of birth didnt match my passprot (which is a lie, I think I know my own birthday) so I had to order a replacement birth certificate as I lost the original so I had to wait a week for that to arrive so that I could send it off to student finance. I sent it off like over a week ago first class

The thought of being broke at uni keeps me up at night. The only thing I'll have to survive off of is the £200 in my bank account and having to dip into my parents' savings. I have to move in this Friday and I'm freaking the f.k out.

I came to university to get a degree to get money. Money shouldn't be a prerequisite to get a degree ffs. I'm thinking about selling my old Wii U
I done my application in June. It took a while to process. I used up all my savings to try and get my driving done as soon as I can to save myself from travelling on public transport because if I miss a bus another one won’t come till about an hour later. So I’m literally surviving off nothing right now
Popsiclez
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jones448)
I done my application in June. It took a while to process. I used up all my savings to try and get my driving done as soon as I can to save myself from travelling on public transport because if I miss a bus another one won’t come till about an hour later. So I’m literally surviving off nothing right now
Yikes you did it in June and it still hasn't come. I'm screwed then because my first term's rent will be due at the end of October. I would've done it sooner but I thought early August would've been plenty of time (I know its nobody's fault but my own). The only saving grace is that I get a free bus pass for the accomodation I move into and my Universal credit comes on October 8th.

Do you have any tips on how to survive? What loans have they given you so far?

It feels like the walls are closing in D:
Jones448
Rep:
?
Yikes you did it in June and it still hasn't come. I'm screwed then because my first term's rent will be due at the end of October. I would've done it sooner but I thought early August would've been plenty of time (I know its nobody's fault but my own). The only saving grace is that I get a free bus pass for the accomodation I move into and my Universal credit comes on October 8th.

Do you have any tips on how to survive? What loans have they given you so far?

It feels like the walls are closing in D:
I think you’ll be fine. The only reason why my payment hasn’t gone through yet is because there’s been a delay in my university not with student finance. I’m supposed to enrol into university but they are taking forever to give us our details to do it.

Just ration as much as you can and spend as little as possible. That’s all I got so far.
ScarletCelestia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Popsiclez Heads up that most Universities have a group for financial advice so I'd ask around about that beforehand and if you can't get in touch as soon as you get there. They may be able to help with your student finance situation and if not they can help with being able to make it until your payment date.

Also I agree with the grant bs. I would not be able to survive Uni costs with only my student grants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.88%
Less motivated (75)
72.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed