Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    those of you at uni? do you use money from the loan or is that mainlt to pat your tution fees?
    ive not got a loan and at the moment have 0 income lol

ReputationRep:
    I have four sources of income:

1) My student loan
    2) My parents, giving me food money
    3) Work during vacations - I put most into my bank account
    4) My savings - I draw a little bit out each term and put it into my bank account to have emergency cash.

ReputationRep:
    I get my loan at the start of each term. A fair chunk of it goes on my college bill, which is rent, cafeteria food and electricity/heating/internet etc. The rest goes in my account and comes out far too quickly for my liking.

According to the LEA my parents should be contributing ~£600 a year to my living costs but at the moment they can't afford it - they pay my fees and that's it. Rest of it is my overdraft, when I need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I get my loan at the start of each term. A fair chunk of it goes on my college bill, which is rent, cafeteria food and electricity/heating/internet etc. The rest goes in my account and comes out far too quickly for my liking.

According to the LEA my parents should be contributing ~£600 a year to my living costs but at the moment they can't afford it - they pay my fees and that's it. Rest of it is my overdraft, when I need it.
    hmm i lead such a simple life compared to you lot lol. you sound sorted though

ReputationRep:
    Income = loan - battels (rent & collegey things) / 9

~£55 per week i think.

(so far haven't had to use any savings..well, other than contributions to my birthday & a ball.. Trinity was a blow out term! )

parents pay my contribution to my fees.

i do work full time every summer & save quite a bit anyway though, for emergencies - like my new glasses.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    umm, i get quite a lot, i think about £150 a week when you take into account the money my parents give me and my earnings from my job and stuff like that.

Don't know where it goes though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    umm, i get quite a lot, i think about £150 a week when you take into account the money my parents give me and my earnings from my job and stuff like that.

Don't know where it goes though

about the same here.I think I spend FAR too much on food though. :creep:

ReputationRep:
    £470 a week because of rising sloog sales

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.