Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I didn't get into my firm for nursing because my a level grades were too low. I got into a uni but I've never been to an open day here and I will be commuting as it is quite close. I ha dmt heart set on my firm. When people say your a levels don't matter when you get into nursing, what do they mean? If I'm competing with someone else for a job and they've got much higher grades then me than ofcourse they do matter and they will take them?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I didn't get into my firm for nursing because my a level grades were too low. I got into a uni but I've never been to an open day here and I will be commuting as it is quite close. I ha dmt heart set on my firm. When people say your a levels don't matter when you get into nursing, what do they mean? If I'm competing with someone else for a job and they've got much higher grades then me than ofcourse they do matter and they will take them?
your skills and qualities as a nurse will matter much more
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
...When people say your a levels don't matter when you get into nursing, what do they mean?...
A-Levels? No one cares about them after you start university.

They certainly don't in Medicine, even for competitive specialties, so I don't see why that would be the case for nursing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
your skills and qualities as a nurse will matter much more
(Original post by ecolier)
A-Levels? No one cares about them after you start university.

They certainly don't in Medicine, even for competitive specialties, so I don't see why that would be the case for nursing.
Thank you I was ashamed of my a level results and wasn't proud of them but if they don't matter in nursing, which is what I want to do, then theirs no point.
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you I was ashamed of my a level results and wasn't proud of them but if they don't matter in nursing, which is what I want to do, then theirs no point.
I got CCD in my A levels. The requirements for my job as a RN on qualifying? 1) satisfactory application 2) pass the interview 3) satisfactory DBS/occupational health checks 4) got asked 5 times before I'd received them for proof of my NMC registration and degree certificate. Not a single mention of A levels at all. Pass your assignments and do well in placements and you'll be fine.
Last edited by Emily_B; 1 month ago
paub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
your pre uni stuff is of no importance. your degree grade is also of little importance. your references are important. being a good nurse is not demonstrated by a bit of paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.29%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.5%

Watched Threads