The Student Room Group

Could someone plz suggest which one is the best from these AND PLZ TELL IF THERE IS S

I'm planning to take a math or a comp sci course or a combined one of these two subjects(BSc)
Through UCAS i'll be applying to St Andrews,Durham,Warwick, Manchester and Kings College.
Could someone plz suggest which one is the best from these AND PLZ TELL IF THERE IS SOME OTHER UNIVERSITY BETTER THAN THESE FOR MY COURSE(except Oxbridge and imperial of course) and which university job oppurtinities are most after undergrad
(edited 3 years ago)
St Andrews Scotland and its a nice place to stay not much crime there
Reply 2
Original post by Scottishlad888
St Andrews Scotland and its a nice place to stay not much crime there

could u plz tell which university has the most the job oppurtinities for international students after undergrad
Original post by Suarev
could u plz tell which university has the most the job oppurtinities for international students after undergrad

l can only say its St Andrews as its held in high regard around the world and its a posh university
Reply 4
alright thanks mate
Original post by Suarev
Could someone plz suggest which one is the best from these AND PLZ TELL IF THERE IS SOME OTHER UNIVERSITY BETTER THAN THESE FOR MY COURSE(except Oxbridge and imperial of course) and which university job oppurtinities are most after undergrad

It doesn't work like that. Best is not some objective measure, it depends on a wide range of subjective factors. The content of one course may be excellent for one student, and awful for another. One uni may have a terrible course but otherwise a great living experience and another could be the opposite. One uni may focus heavily on a field which results in good job prospects, but you may have zero interest in that field. The list goes on.

IMO it's not for someone else to tell you which is best. Nor should really let someone else make that decision for you. It's up to you to look over each course and decide if it's suitable for you. It's fine to ask specific questions but you should steer clear of generic "which is best" questions.
Reply 6
Original post by AcseI
It doesn't work like that. Best is not some objective measure, it depends on a wide range of subjective factors. The content of one course may be excellent for one student, and awful for another. One uni may have a terrible course but otherwise a great living experience and another could be the opposite. One uni may focus heavily on a field which results in good job prospects, but you may have zero interest in that field. The list goes on.

IMO it's not for someone else to tell you which is best. Nor should really let someone else make that decision for you. It's up to you to look over each course and decide if it's suitable for you. It's fine to ask specific questions but you should steer clear of generic "which is best" questions.

ik its finally my decision but all i want is some advice and suggestions cuz im an international student and its hard for me to get to k the prestige of these universities. I've went through the modules of Comp Sc and Math for all of these universities and they seem fairly interesting for me.
So it would be really helpful if you could tell me which of these universities is, in ur opinion, the highest in prestige in the UK (regardless of location)
Original post by Suarev
ik its finally my decision but all i want is some advice and suggestions cuz im an international student and its hard for me to get to k the prestige of these universities. I've went through the modules of Comp Sc and Math for all of these universities and they seem fairly interesting for me.
So it would be really helpful if you could tell me which of these universities is, in ur opinion, the highest in prestige in the UK (regardless of location)

Prestige literally does not matter in the slightest, and it's super subjective. If you just want the raw "which uni is ranked highest" you can Google for uni rankings and you'll find loads of different lists with each uni placed differently. I could tell you that X uni is the most prestigious, but an employer could arbitrarily place more emphasis on Y university. There's no way to actually measure prestige.

Instead of looking at things like prestige, look at the content of course, student satisfaction surveys, what it's like to live in any of these cities, what past students like or dislike about the unis and so on. If you're an international student and intending to get a job back home when you graduate, consider if any of these universities hold weight in your country.

Keep in mind that you'll never be able to get a good comparison between universities. You won't find a student that has studied courses at every uni and can therefore compare them. Even if I did tell you which uni I thought was most prestigious, that information would have absolutely no meaning since I've not studied at any of the unis in question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending