Help with job/living, what should I do?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi
So after graduating university I worked at a hospital for a year with plans of studying medicine later on. I applied for medicine and had an interview, but didn't get a place this year. I had been working at a hospital in 2019 and then went travelling. Coming back from travelling I had not been able to work at the hospital. I was planning to work there and save up money but I have not been able to as I live with my parents and my father is in the vulnerable group. I wish to work to my options either are to find a different job and work whilst living at home. Or I could move out to a shared flat and carry on working at the hospital, however rent and living costs would probably eat up my savings. I'm hesitant to work (hospital or somewhere else) whilst living at home as if my father catches the virus, it would be my fault. Should I just move out and find a new job?
Abzzz57
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi
So after graduating university I worked at a hospital for a year with plans of studying medicine later on. I applied for medicine and had an interview, but didn't get a place this year. I had been working at a hospital in 2019 and then went travelling. Coming back from travelling I had not been able to work at the hospital. I was planning to work there and save up money but I have not been able to as I live with my parents and my father is in the vulnerable group. I wish to work to my options either are to find a different job and work whilst living at home. Or I could move out to a shared flat and carry on working at the hospital, however rent and living costs would probably eat up my savings. I'm hesitant to work (hospital or somewhere else) whilst living at home as if my father catches the virus, it would be my fault. Should I just move out and find a new job?
Hi, it kind of depends on a few factors, working in a hospital is fantastic if you wish to carry on with a career in medicine as it will be good for experience, therefore moving out and working would be really helpful for your future even if that means you eat into your savings at the moment.

If you think you may want to go down a different path and you just want to save as much money as you can then finding a different job would be your best bet.. unfortunately at the moment there is a risk with what ever job you do that you could be exposed to the virus, whether that's on the bus or in the office, we just don't know how easily spread it is and if you would be carrying it back to your house..

I hope it works out for you either way! Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.69%
No (278)
78.31%

Watched Threads