martin_23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm trying to come up with some inspiration for my NEA Courswork questions.
I have interest in the Tudor period and American Civil Rights (maybe American civil rights in sport if that's allowed)
Can anyone give any guidance on where to go with this? I'm really struggling and also have slight fear that I'll pick a topic and regret it halfway through.
Thanks.
heather.15
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by martin_23)
I'm trying to come up with some inspiration for my NEA Coursework questions.
I have interest in the Tudor period and American Civil Rights (maybe American civil rights in sport if that's allowed)
Can anyone give any guidance on where to go with this? I'm really struggling and also have slight fear that I'll pick a topic and regret it halfway through.
Thanks.
Hey!
For Tudor history you could go to the dates 1485-1603, and then discuss major changes that happened during this period and why. An example of this perhaps would be 'to what extent was Henry VIII's Break from Rome the most significant change to religion in England between the years 1485-1603' and then discuss how each monarch impacted religion.
And the American civil rights in sport sounds like a great idea, if it helps here is a link to an article which shows examples of this throughout the 1900s into the 2000s which could be a good 100 year time span: https://www.biography.com/news/jacki...s-first-sports
And to phrase a question well you could argue why the civil rights movement in sport grew more successful e.g individuals, civil rights groups such as the NAACP, Presidential intervention etc.

But I think the best advice is just to list areas of history you are interested in and then get more specific, like you have with civil rights, and then sport. So then when coming up with a question you could stick to one that tailors around 'what was the most significant factor?' or something that allows you to evaluate effectively. Also I do not know which exam board you are doing but if it applies then make sure to pick a question that easily covers the time frame of 100 years. Hope any of this helps and you will find an area of interest and then hopefully not regret it
martin_23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by heather.15)
Hey!
For Tudor history you could go to the dates 1485-1603, and then discuss major changes that happened during this period and why. An example of this perhaps would be 'to what extent was Henry VIII's Break from Rome the most significant change to religion in England between the years 1485-1603' and then discuss how each monarch impacted religion.
And the American civil rights in sport sounds like a great idea, if it helps here is a link to an article which shows examples of this throughout the 1900s into the 2000s which could be a good 100 year time span: https://www.biography.com/news/jacki...s-first-sports
And to phrase a question well you could argue why the civil rights movement in sport grew more successful e.g individuals, civil rights groups such as the NAACP, Presidential intervention etc.

But I think the best advice is just to list areas of history you are interested in and then get more specific, like you have with civil rights, and then sport. So then when coming up with a question you could stick to one that tailors around 'what was the most significant factor?' or something that allows you to evaluate effectively. Also I do not know which exam board you are doing but if it applies then make sure to pick a question that easily covers the time frame of 100 years. Hope any of this helps and you will find an area of interest and then hopefully not regret it
Thank you. That's been a big help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads