Termination from the university

Watch
abhi99999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello I have been failed to pass my year 1 modules and I had been given a repeat and I have also failed my repeated year in my university and the uni has decided to terminate me from the university I have been give a fail course termination .is there any chance I could get into any other universities in the uk .?
AHKS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by abhi99999)
Hello I have been failed to pass my year 1 modules and I had been given a repeat and I have also failed my repeated year in my university and the uni has decided to terminate me from the university I have been give a fail course termination .is there any chance I could get into any other universities in the uk .?
Do you understand why you failed? Was the work too hard/not interesting to you/ you were lazy? Think seriously about whether university is really right for you at the moment. I suspect you will find it hard to get another university place without a very good explanation for being taken off the course elsewhere.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
AHKS is right - you need to know why you failed, and if it's an ongoing problem, then jumping into another university course too late won't be helpful (and possibly lead to more fails).
timleebcu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you are doing this on student finance you need to consider your position very carefully - generally you'll get four years of funding - from the sound of it you've used up two, so to get to the end of another degree you'd need to self-fund some of it. As the others have said, try and take a step back and consider what stopped your first two attempts before diving in again.
abhi99999
Rep:
?
Basically in the starting i was really confused and was hard to me to pass the modules but when they gave me a repeat I was really confident and I thought I would complete it this time but then just before 2 or 3 weeks of my exam all the classes were suspended and I had to come back to my country because of covid 19 and I was infected with it while travelling and then I could not complete my assignments on the given time so that is the reason they terminated me from the course but I just wanted to know that after they have terminated me beacause of failing in subjects is there any chance for me to get into another university in the same country with a proper reason
abhi99999
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
AHKS is right - you need to know why you failed, and if it's an ongoing problem, then jumping into another university course too late won't be helpful (and possibly lead to more fails).
But is there a chance for me to get into another course in a different university
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Basically in the starting i was really confused and was hard to me to pass the modules but when they gave me a repeat I was really confident and I thought I would complete it this time but then just before 2 or 3 weeks of my exam all the classes were suspended and I had to come back to my country because of covid 19 and I was infected with it while travelling and then I could not complete my assignments on the given time so that is the reason they terminated me from the course but I just wanted to know that after they have terminated me beacause of failing in subjects is there any chance for me to get into another university in the same country with a proper reason
Did you let the university know that contracted COVID-19? Did you make an extenuating circumstances claim? You could potentially appeal their decision to terminate you - contact the student union and ask if this is possible.

You could apply to UK universities again, but you may have to declare the previous course termination on your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (17)
20.73%
No (65)
79.27%

Watched Threads