Want more information about this university?
WinnieEliza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me on here because I have contacted the university directly a few times but got nothing back.

I am a mature student and interested in applying for for the LLB Law Distance Learning course at NTU.

I took my A Levels 10 years ago, achieving an ABB. I want to know, as I have been out of education a while, wether it would be beneficial for me to complete an Access to HE course before applying or wether I should just apply with my current qualifications.

The criteria online is not very clear so I just want to get an idea before I proceed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise!
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by WinnieEliza)
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me on here because I have contacted the university directly a few times but got nothing back.

I am a mature student and interested in applying for for the LLB Law Distance Learning course at NTU.

I took my A Levels 10 years ago, achieving an ABB. I want to know, as I have been out of education a while, wether it would be beneficial for me to complete an Access to HE course before applying or wether I should just apply with my current qualifications.

The criteria online is not very clear so I just want to get an idea before I proceed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise!
Hi there WinnieEliza,

It is nice to hear you are considering going back into education, I would be delighted to help you if I can.

The entry criteria for that course are a little unusual and can be somewhat confusing at first. Your A-level results are great, so from an admissions' point of view you don't need to complete an Access course unless you want to. In addition to your A-levels, do you also have 4 GCSEs passes (grade C/4 or above)? If so, you have all the qualifications we ask for.

We are holding a virtual open day tomorrow, are you able to join us at all? There will be plenty of opportunities to chat to academics and current students, so it could prove really beneficial. You can find details about the event here.

Do let me know if you have any more questions,

Thank you,

Andrea
WinnieEliza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Nottingham Trent University)
Hi there WinnieEliza,

It is nice to hear you are considering going back into education, I would be delighted to help you if I can.

The entry criteria for that course are a little unusual and can be somewhat confusing at first. Your A-level results are great, so from an admissions' point of view you don't need to complete an Access course unless you want to. In addition to your A-levels, do you also have 4 GCSEs passes (grade C/4 or above)? If so, you have all the qualifications we ask for.

We are holding a virtual open day tomorrow, are you able to join us at all? There will be plenty of opportunities to chat to academics and current students, so it could prove really beneficial. You can find details about the event here.

Do let me know if you have any more questions,

Thank you,

Andrea
Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. That is great news. I gave signed up for tomorrow and look forward to it.

Thanks again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (3)
13.04%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (9)
39.13%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (1)
4.35%
No, I haven't received any communication (10)
43.48%

Watched Threads