KPMG Audit Intensive Route

Watch this thread
melodenver15
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I am currently considering applying for the KPMG Audit Intensive Graduate Programme London Office. I personally like studying in classroom more than online. However, I’m still a bit concerned it would be too stressful for me to study 14 exams in one year if I successful secure the role. I’m wondering if anybody who is currently working on the intensive role could tell me how stressful it was for you in the first year. Would you recommend people taking this route? Thank you.
Syeda Nisha
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Hi so did you take the role? How do you find everything ? Is it too stressful?
Asaya
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I did it last year so I’m in second year, honestly it’s very tough especially the december exams with it being dark and winter. However how having completed it and having my weekends and evening free it was all worth it.I’d recommend it but just be aware it will get a bit depressing and dark.
Syeda Nisha
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Asaya)
Hey, I did it last year so I’m in second year, honestly it’s very tough especially the december exams with it being dark and winter. However how having completed it and having my weekends and evening free it was all worth it.I’d recommend it but just be aware it will get a bit depressing and dark.
Great. But i think its good in one sense that you can complete all 14 exams at one flow. i am just bit worried that i do not have any finance or accounting background, so may be it will be a little harder for me. but i really want to do this. one quick question, did you have to live somewhere like a hub they said? or you will have the option to chose. i would love to hear about a typical day of yours as an intensive student. take care Asaya. nice knowing you.
Asaya
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
HiSo because of covid my entire intensive year was online so I was at home and no one had to move I know now the intensives have to move to their nearest hub ( Manc brum or London) it would have taken me about 40 mins to get in to the Manc office if I had to go in.So I’m a way my routine was different as I didn’t have to commute it wasn’t as tiring of a day and I saved time committing and could spend more on studying Do t worry about having no accounting background only about 3 of us did my friend was a pharmacist my other friend did food marketing They teach you as if you know nothing
Asaya
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Asaya)
HiSo because of covid my entire intensive year was online so I was at home and no one had to move I know now the intensives have to move to their nearest hub ( Manc brum or London) it would have taken me about 40 mins to get in to the Manc office if I had to go in.So I’m a way my routine was different as I didn’t have to commute it wasn’t as tiring of a day and I saved time committing and could spend more on studying Do t worry about having no accounting background only about 3 of us did my friend was a pharmacist my other friend did food marketing They teach you as if you know nothing
We were the first and probably only intensive year to be fully online I’m so lucky and thankful
Syeda Nisha
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Asaya)
That's encouraging. I believe you are quite relieved now after finishing majority of your course. The first year is though but i will study keeping in my mind that future is brighter ( if i only get chance). I am at the last stage and will have my virtual launch pad next week. pray for me.
Daniele.
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi Asaya,I’m currently working at an audit firm in the Netherlands and want to move to London next year and do my ACA. Could you tell me if it’s hard to get hired by KPMG for the intensive route? And do you work at all during the first year/get paid?Any information would be highly appreciated.Thank you!
dohyun
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Daniele.)
Hi Asaya,I’m currently working at an audit firm in the Netherlands and want to move to London next year and do my ACA. Could you tell me if it’s hard to get hired by KPMG for the intensive route? And do you work at all during the first year/get paid?Any information would be highly appreciated.Thank you!
hey

you need to apply for the graduate scheme directly on kpmg
yes you do get paid the standard graduate salary
you probably wont do any client work in the first year if your taking 14 out of 15 exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.72%
Not yet, but I will soon (53)
18.28%
No (116)
40%

Watched Threads