doubledee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If you have studied two years but failed & had to quit due to illness and inability to complete would you be funded for again if later in life when your health improves you want to study a foundation degree course of 4 years? Would you be able to get funded for the length of the new course? If yes, how? and if no, why?
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you talking specifically about student finance?
doubledee
Rep:
?
Yes, student finance
Eaphysics
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Originally they would provide you will enough funding for your whole course and maybe an extra year if you need to resit. Since you’ve used 2 years I think they’ll only give you your remaining funding for the last 2 years of your course. Meaning you have to self fund years 1 and 2 and they’ll fund 3 and 4. Best thing is to apply and call them and see what they say
doubledee
Rep:
?
Ok thanks I will call them, do you know if there are ever mitigating circumstances where they will fund the full time of the new course? Or about any hardship funds/grants/bursaries for people with disability
Eaphysics
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yh if you’ve got a genuine reason with proof I think they could give you funding. Yh unis also provide decent funding if you’ve got proof
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nope, you only get the course length + 1. You used up two years already, therefore you'd have to fund the remaining as the above user has mentioned.

In terms of getting the full funding, did you mention to the university (at the time), the issues you was facing? If not, it'll be difficult.
doubledee
Rep:
?
Yes they know about my disability but I haven’t discussed my funding issues, I think i will speak to my tutor about it but I’ve left it all so late as I wasn’t sure I was returning this year due to health issues. I only applied today and I run the risk of starting something I may not afford to finish it’s making me stressed
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by doubledee)
Yes they know about my disability but I haven’t discussed my funding issues, I think i will speak to my tutor about it but I’ve left it all so late as I wasn’t sure I was returning this year due to health issues. I only applied today and I run the risk of starting something I may not afford to finish it’s making me stressed
Does your GP/doctor know about this? Would you be able to get a doctors note/evidence?
doubledee
Rep:
?
Yes my doctor and GP are well aware and I can definitely get evidence, but I don’t know yet if it will be approved or not and since I only sent my SFE application today I could be waiting till October to receive a decision. Maybe I will have to discuss this with my uni in advance and give them medical evidence and see if they can do something, or would it be best to try and pre-submit evidence with a letter whilst they are accessing the application I don’t know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.96%
Less motivated (194)
69.04%

Watched Threads