The Student Room Group

Funding second degree

(edited 3 years ago)
Are you talking specifically about student finance?
(edited 3 years ago)
Originally they would provide you will enough funding for your whole course and maybe an extra year if you need to resit. Since you’ve used 2 years I think they’ll only give you your remaining funding for the last 2 years of your course. Meaning you have to self fund years 1 and 2 and they’ll fund 3 and 4. Best thing is to apply and call them and see what they say
(edited 3 years ago)
Yh if you’ve got a genuine reason with proof I think they could give you funding. Yh unis also provide decent funding if you’ve got proof
Reply 6
Nope, you only get the course length + 1. You used up two years already, therefore you'd have to fund the remaining as the above user has mentioned.

In terms of getting the full funding, did you mention to the university (at the time), the issues you was facing? If not, it'll be difficult.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by doubledee
Yes they know about my disability but I haven’t discussed my funding issues, I think i will speak to my tutor about it but I’ve left it all so late as I wasn’t sure I was returning this year due to health issues. I only applied today and I run the risk of starting something I may not afford to finish it’s making me stressed

Does your GP/doctor know about this? Would you be able to get a doctors note/evidence?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending