doubledee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What finance is available for students from low income backgrounds or with health issues/disability
r.dd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
HI,

Different Universities offer different types of loans/bursaries that can range depending on the course that is being studied. To find out about what's offered check the University's website and it should state what help is available.
Typically, students from low income families tend to receive higher amounts of maintenance loan and those with health issues/disabilities are also considered for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA.) You are automatically considered for the DSA after declaring your medical conditions on your student finance application. However please do bear in mind that the DSA is not always granted in the form of direct cash deposited in your bank account. Depending on various factors related to your condition, which will all be discussed when they invite you for an assessment, you may be given other forms of support such as technology (e.g laptop) to aid with your studies and make your university experience more manageable.

Hope this helps.
doubledee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yes helpful thanks I’m in the process of contacting my university to see what can be done but I’ve left it all late as I was unsure about going back so I will have to see what can be done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.96%
Less motivated (194)
69.04%

Watched Threads