bobfish11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I know I won't be getting the predicted grades I need for the UNI I want to go to (Uni of Bath A*AA) predicted (AAB). Say for example I get my A*AA come august 2021, instead of taking a full gap year, is there anyway in which I could apply & start uni in January of 2022 for example?
McGinger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Very few UK Unis have any courses with a January intake.
Some Nursing courses do, but that is the only subject I can think of

If you want to fo to Bath, then you'd have no alternative that applying in a gap year and starting Uni in 2022.
Anything with requirements of A*AA is almost certain not to be in Clearing.

However, if in August you exceeded the grades required for your Firm choice, then you could approach Bath re. Adjustment - this isnt the same as Clearing, and you dont need a course to be 'open' to ask about a place if you did get A*AA.
bobfish11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Very few UK Unis have any courses with a January intake.
Some Nursing courses do, but that is the only subject I can think of

If you want to fo to Bath, then you'd have no alternative that applying in a gap year and starting Uni in 2022.
Anything with requirements of A*AA is almost certain not to be in Clearing.

However, if in August you exceeded the grades required for your Firm choice, then you could approach Bath re. Adjustment - this isnt the same as Clearing, and you dont need a course to be 'open' to ask about a place if you did get A*AA.
Thanks for the useful information, I'm not sure I understood the most important bit...the last paragraph. So if I was to get A*A*A* I could get apply for adjustment which means I could start in january?
McGinger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bobfish11)
Thanks for the useful information, I'm not sure I understood the most important bit...the last paragraph. So if I was to get A*A*A* I could get apply for adjustment which means I could start in january?
No - not if the course starts in Sept/Oct.

Adjustment (read carefully) : https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (74)
21.51%
No (270)
78.49%

Watched Threads