The Student Room Group

What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?

go on

Spoiler

Was asked out on a blind date by a friend of a friend. Lovely personality and very good looking. However, she thought she'd asked the other person on his phone list with the same name.

Cue a very uncomfortable half hour at a pub before she popped the loo (did a runner) and a friend of here rang me to explain the mix-up. Way it goes I guess.
Bold of you to assume I’ve been on dates... 😂

Nah, my worst would probably when in Year 12, I asked this girl if she wanted to go ice skating. She said yeah, roll on Saturday and I’m waiting for her. She’s a no show.

Monday morning I approach her and ask what happened, her response “oh you were serious? 🤨”

Was mortified 😂 Umm yeah I was! She did seem to feel pretty guilty afterwards. Think it was a genuine mistake/miscommunication but was quite upsetting at the time.
Original post by clin.edpsych

Spoiler

what?
I once sat on a packet of sultanas
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
Was asked out on a blind date by a friend of a friend. Lovely personality and very good looking. However, she thought she'd asked the other person on his phone list with the same name.

Cue a very uncomfortable half hour at a pub before she popped the loo (did a runner) and a friend of here rang me to explain the mix-up. Way it goes I guess.

wow. that sounds like it sucked. :dong:
Original post by CTLeafez

Nah, my worst would probably when in Year 12, I asked this girl if she wanted to go ice skating. She said yeah, roll on Saturday and I’m waiting for her. She’s a no show.

Monday morning I approach her and ask what happened, her response “oh you were serious? 🤨”

Was mortified 😂 Umm yeah I was! She did seem to feel pretty guilty afterwards. Think it was a genuine mistake/miscommunication but was quite upsetting at the time.

oh my bad. :lol: she really did that to you? i understand, getting rejected suckkssss.
Original post by CoolCavy
I once sat on a packet of sultanas

on a date???
Original post by chloeebrown09
go on

None,single as a Pringle 💓💓
oh my bad. :lol: she really did that to you? i understand, getting rejected suckkssss.

Yupppppp. I would've definitely preferred her being honest. Save me the bus fare at least... She then moved to Dubai a week or so later and I didn't see her ever again. Like to think she felt so guilty she uprooted her entire family :wink:
Reply 11
I travelled about 50 miles to meet this girl.

When I got there I couldn't find her at her train station. I text her where she was ...and she told me. I went to where she told me and still couldn't see her so went back to where i was standing and text her again. she then text me again saying i looked right at her and walked off. i went to look for her again and still couldn't find her so i text her again. then she accused me of not liking the look of her and running off. i then said i can't findyou, so why don't you walk upto me.

eventually she came and she looked nothing like her pic. I mean it was her, but she must have clearly taken the most flattering pic ever because she looked nothing like that IRL.

on the date itself she was hostile at the start and giving one word answers to conversation starters. she also during the date said she would never come to london .. meaning i would have to travel 50 miles to her each time. conversation between her was very bad also. she had the worst personality i had ever met. there was no chemistry between us whatsoever. i had travelled a long way to see her and although i was not interested in her romantically i was still thinking of perhaps trying it on to get my moneys worth so to speak as 50 miles on train ain't cheap. but the vibe was so dead between us i abondoned that idea. after a while the date ended and i went home. less than 5 minutes later after i left she is texting me. wtf??!! ... it seemed this girl must of actually liked me. I didn't answer the text and like 3 minutes later she text me again. i never answered that either and never saw or spoke to her again.....
Original post by EllaRose12
None,single as a Pringle 💓💓

oh thats ok! whats the worst hangout you've ever been on?
Yupppppp. I would've definitely preferred her being honest. Save me the bus fare at least... She then moved to Dubai a week or so later and I didn't see her ever again. Like to think she felt so guilty she uprooted her entire family :wink:

same. if she would have just said she wasnt interested think of all the things you could have been doing with that time. :noway:ahahah yeah she better run!
Original post by ANM775
I travelled about 50 miles to meet this girl.

When I got there I couldn't find her at her train station. I text her where she was ...and she told me. I went to where she told me and still couldn't see her so went back to where i was standing and text her again. she then text me again saying i looked right at her and walked off. i went to look for her again and still couldn't find her so i text her again. then she accused me of not liking the look of her and running off. i then said i can't findyou, so why don't you walk upto me.

eventually she came and she looked nothing like her pic. I mean it was her, but she must have clearly taken the most flattering pic ever because she looked nothing like that IRL.

on the date itself she was hostile at the start and giving one word answers to conversation starters. she also during the date said she would never come to london .. meaning i would have to travel 50 miles to her each time. conversation between her was very bad also. she had the worst personality i had ever met. there was no chemistry between us whatsoever. i had travelled a long way to see her and although i was not interested in her romantically i was still thinking of perhaps trying it on to get my moneys worth so to speak as 50 miles on train ain't cheap. but the vibe was so dead between us i abondoned that idea. after a while the date ended and i went home. less than 5 minutes later after i left she is texting me. wtf??!! ... it seemed this girl must of actually liked me. I didn't answer the text and like 3 minutes later she text me again. i never answered that either and never saw or spoke to her again.....

wow. so you got catfished? people suck. :erm:
Reply 15
wow. so you got catfished? people suck. :erm:

technically no as the person in the pic was not another person, but due to the flattering angle/lighting ...it really did not look like her ..to the extent that i couldn't even locate her when she told me where she was standing
oh thats ok! whats the worst hangout you've ever been on?

I always hang with with these little kids in my backyard there were TONS of them 3-8 year olds in my back yard yellling at me to go outside.I eventually gave in and went out we did “gymnastics” my granny back went Skrtttt when I did a forward roll and they were all doing the splits,hand stands,ect. I was just sitting there wanting to go on my phone and eat chips and have a great time but no..I was stuck with these little kids that are trying to show how felixable they are :afraid: When I would sit in my own backyard to read a book they would come running into my garden squeezing me like it’s their last day on Earth and just mentally torturing me. :broken:
Reply 17

this reminds me of a time when i went on a date ..but apparently it wasn't a date, and there had been a miscommunication. she had thought i had asked her out platonically as friends.

i only found out i wasn't on a date like a day later when texting her.

suddenly everything made sense now. why she was in her gym gear. why she wasn't flirting. why she kept talking about this Chad she had met the night she also met me. Why when i asked for a kiss near the end she denied me and just gave me a pat on the back instead.

i felt so so embarressed :redface:

i also insisted paying for her food too. i feel like such a cuck. if i knew it was a friends thing i would have made her pay for her own sh*t :/
Original post by EllaRose12
I always hang with with these little kids in my backyard there were TONS of them 3-8 year olds in my back yard yellling at me to go outside.I eventually gave in and went out we did “gymnastics” my granny back went Skrtttt when I did a forward roll and they were all doing the splits,hand stands,ect. I was just sitting there wanting to go on my phone and eat chips and have a great time but no..I was stuck with these little kids that are trying to show how felixable they are :afraid: When I would sit in my own backyard to read a book they would come running into my garden squeezing me like it’s their last day on Earth and just mentally torturing me. :broken:

awww they love you! :gfight: kids can sense good people!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending