I would like to get a 9 in History GCSE- HELLPPP!!!!

Watch
QUEEN JOCE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello Everyone, I'm on a grade 3 for GCSE History and I have just started year 11, for the actual GCSE's I would love to get a grade 9. So any tips on how to raise my grades? Any tips would be great. Thanks!
Em.rose
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QUEEN JOCE)
Hello Everyone, I'm on a grade 3 for GCSE History and I have just started year 11, for the actual GCSE's I would love to get a grade 9. So any tips on how to raise my grades? Any tips would be great. Thanks!
Hello!

I got a 7 in History but hopefully some of my tip will help:

1. make mindmaps of all the key events in your different areas of study and colour code with key people and key dates etc.- read over this every two weeks so the information stays in your brain
2.make flashcards and/or quizlet sets about key dates for the different topics
3. ask your teacher for practice exam questions and do these every few weeks to see how your are doing and what you need to work on
4. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

Hope these tips help and GOOD LUCK!!
AshwinUK
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QUEEN JOCE)
1) Address week points in your essay writing, look at exemplar work. Either ask your teacher for exemplar work OR looking for exemplars online, as past candidate responses for your relevant board. Make sure your notes are solid, and full of detail. You may want to ask someone organised to borrow notes. Invest in a textbook (if you do not already have one)

2) Create flashcards for the most important and relevant dates for all the topics you are doing. All OK (own knowledge) is extremely useful in essays, but make sure you know it (who, what, where, when). Without specifics you will not be able to receive higher grades. Carry these around with you , and revise whenever you have free-time.

3) PRACTISE ! Do some past papers. Start without any timing and then as you become better starting TIMING. If you run out of time, start writing in a different colour. Afterwards, re-read your essay and I) Fix any mistakes II) Consider how to improve and ask yourself if a certain point was needed or if more was needed. III) Compare your content with exemplars.

4) Repeat ! You might want to then hand in some of your papers to your teacher, and attend booster sessions where needed. Aim to spend at least 30 mins every day doing a question or two on one of your topics.
QUEEN JOCE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by AshwinUK)
1) Address week points in your essay writing, look at exemplar work. Either ask your teacher for exemplar work OR looking for exemplars online, as past candidate responses for your relevant board. Make sure your notes are solid, and full of detail. You may want to ask someone organised to borrow notes. Invest in a textbook (if you do not already have one)

2) Create flashcards for the most important and relevant dates for all the topics you are doing. All OK (own knowledge) is extremely useful in essays, but make sure you know it (who, what, where, when). Without specifics you will not be able to receive higher grades. Carry these around with you , and revise whenever you have free-time.

3) PRACTISE ! Do some past papers. Start without any timing and then as you become better starting TIMING. If you run out of time, start writing in a different colour. Afterwards, re-read your essay and I) Fix any mistakes II) Consider how to improve and ask yourself if a certain point was needed or if more was needed. III) Compare your content with exemplars.

4) Repeat ! You might want to then hand in some of your papers to your teacher, and attend booster sessions where needed. Aim to spend at least 30 mins every day doing a question or two on one of your topics.
Thanks Ashwin really appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.62%
No (319)
78.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed