alinazubairx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
the position vectors of 3 vertices of a parallelogram are (4i +2j), (3i+5j) and (8i+6j). find the possible position vectors of the fourth vertex.

can someone explain to me why and how you choose the method you do. thank you
Plücker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by alinazubairx)
the position vectors of 3 vertices of a parallelogram are (4i +2j), (3i+5j) and (8i+6j). find the possible position vectors of the fourth vertex.

can someone explain to me why and how you choose the method you do. thank you
You might find it helpful to do a sketch.
alinazubairx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Plücker)
You might find it helpful to do a sketch.
i did do a sketch but the mark scheme was a little confusing - in terms of how they got the other values
Plücker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by alinazubairx)
i did do a sketch but the mark scheme was a little confusing - in terms of how they got the other values
If you call the three given points A, B and C then AD must be parallel to BC (this gives two ways to place D) or CD must be parallel to AB (two ways again but one is a repeat of one found earlier).

I've never really thought about a method for this before. I think that if you do a decent sketch and look at it for a while you will probably be able to see the possible positions.

What method was given in the mark scheme?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (65)
27.66%
Less motivated (170)
72.34%

Watched Threads