The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. You are clearly privileged.
wanna help a poor slav out and donate to him?
Original post by Sarah Wort
Is it a lot of money to have as a student? It's all cash in my bank accounts. I was thinking about putting most of it into the stock market soon.

no thats nothing. you might aswell send it to me because its so insignificant
why don't you consider using it for a house?
Original post by claireestelle
why don't you consider using it for a house?

I was about to suggest the same thing :lol:
Is it a lot of money to have as a student? It's all cash in my bank accounts. I was thinking about putting most of it into the stock market soon.

Yes it is, for a student. Keep it safe (be careful not to lose it in the stock market) because you'll need it for things like a house after uni. Depending on where you are in the country, £215k may not be enough for a house so you can use it to (hopefully) get a smaller mortgage. Although always keep some in savings!
Original post by Atafah
Yes. You are clearly privileged.

Not necessarily - some people have lost their parents/family members by the time they get to uni and have inherited it. Myself included. I'm sure most people will want their loved ones back over money.

May not be the case for OP though, I know.
Original post by quasa
I was about to suggest the same thing :lol:

great minds and all :biggrin:
One tip dont go near the stock market not while Covid-19 is on the go you will loss your money keep it in the bank you should get 3% interest
Reply 10
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Not necessarily - some people have lost their parents/family members by the time they get to uni and have inherited it. Myself included. I'm sure most people will want their loved ones back over money.

May not be the case for OP though, I know.

My mother died and me and my brother got a fair bit set aside for uni and later so yeah this could be the case.

And while some may want their people over money I'm glad she popped off, made the last few years much more comfortable.
Original post by claireestelle
great minds and all :biggrin:

true that
:rofl:
Reply 12
Original post by Scottishlad888
One tip dont go near the stock market not while Covid-19 is on the go you will loss your money keep it in the bank you should get 3% interest

Where can one get 3% on £215k in a bank?
Original post by Reue

I know, that sounds like 'crazy yeehaa gold rush' interest rates now :tongue:

One day ill be telling kids about the old days and 10% interest rates and they'll call me a lying old fart and push me over :frown:
Original post by StriderHort

One day ill be telling kids about the old days and 10% interest rates and they'll call me a lying old fart and push me over :frown:

Then they'll ask about mortgage rates at the time and you'll just stare into the middle distance, haunted...
Buy some property, maybe rent it out when you're not staying there. Don't invest in the stock market yet until the economy is more stable seeing as you're a first timer.
Original post by Reue

HM Bradley pay 3% l will let you do the homework now
Original post by Admit-One
Then they'll ask about mortgage rates at the time and you'll just stare into the middle distance, haunted...

Original post by StriderHort

HD Bradley pays 3%
Investing in property would probably bring a more stable income than playing around with the stock market, especially with the state of things as they currently stand.

For just £10000 a day you could sponsor @BlueIndigoViolet

Latest

Trending

Trending