Pls help with gcse science revision

Watch
Down_worlder
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have my mocks in November and GCSEs in June, probably. I’m really desperate to get as many 9s as possible, as, well, I’m a perfectionist with a lot of anxiety, and that’s not a good combination.

The subjects I’m the most worried about are sciences... please can anyone who’s gotten a 9 in any science tell me exactly what they did to achieve this? By that I mean, exactly what sources you used and revision techniques to learn that.

I’ve got the CGP revision guides and flash cards, and was planning on just learning those, but I had a look at some past papers and now I’m worried that not everything I need is in there!

It’s just that there’s so many sources - textbooks, guides, YouTube videos, online resources - and so little time. I’m feeling very overwhelmed, so please could someone tell me what I need to achieve the top grades?

Thank you so much!

Random11_206
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven’t done them yet so this may not help but why don’t you have a look at the specifications for each science and make sure you have covered everything listed there then if you haven’t learn it on bite size or Seneca or quizlet or somewhere like that?
MikeOksmall
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To be honest - don’t be nervous. GCSE sciences were easy if you did some revision. I used CGP revision guides and the question booklet they have and I got all 9s
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i had the aqa textbooks and literally read the entire thing for sciences
that's it

and do practice
15977emily
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Practice papers, practice papers, practice papers!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Down_worlder)
I have my mocks in November and GCSEs in June, probably. I’m really desperate to get as many 9s as possible, as, well, I’m a perfectionist with a lot of anxiety, and that’s not a good combination.

The subjects I’m the most worried about are sciences... please can anyone who’s gotten a 9 in any science tell me exactly what they did to achieve this? By that I mean, exactly what sources you used and revision techniques to learn that.

I’ve got the CGP revision guides and flash cards, and was planning on just learning those, but I had a look at some past papers and now I’m worried that not everything I need is in there!

It’s just that there’s so many sources - textbooks, guides, YouTube videos, online resources - and so little time. I’m feeling very overwhelmed, so please could someone tell me what I need to achieve the top grades?

Thank you so much!
Hey Down_worlder!

First of all try not to stress as you have a lot of time on your side to study

I got 3 A*s in my science GCSEs and this is what I did...
-firstly I printed out the specification for each science and used that as a guide for my revision - I ticked off the bits I had done
-I used the spec to make flash cards for what I need to know - using the info from my class notes and from the revision guides
- I watched ‘freesciencelessons’ videos - there’s a whole website with everything on it - these videos are great for when you don’t understand something
-I practiced any calculations for physics and chemistry to ensure I could do them
-I did practice papers to make sure I knew what to include in order to get full marks

If you do this you’ll be fine for your GCSEs!

Good luck!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.37%
No (195)
78.63%

Watched Threads