'_'
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
so I am a 19 yr old Access to HE Diploma business student looking to go university next year. in 2019 I flopped my a levels and decided to go to college to do a btec subsidiary diploma in business. it is a two year course, however you can leave after a year and get half the credits. so I did that and decided to do access to he diploma for my second year as I realised the subsidiary diploma wouldn't be enough for university.

I will start the course in a week and I don't really know what grade I'm capable of getting for it as the grading is different to a level and btecs. so I literally have no clue what the difficulty or standards are. I ofcourse want the highest grade possible and I'm ready to do what it takes.

I've been looking at some universities I want to potentially study at and royal Holloway has my interest. it does accept the access to he Diploma at grade "pass with atleast 30 level 3 credits at distinction and the remaining level 3 credits at merit, in a relevant subject. please note the access to he Diploma will only be acceptable if the applicant has had a considerable break from education".

so the grade requirements kind of confuse me, because, as I said before, I'm not familiar with the grading system. and I haven't really had "a considerable break from education" I think. so I don't know if that's a reason for them to not accept me despite what grade I end up getting.
Advertisement
atzy_26
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Best thing to do is to email the uni asking them whether you would still be given an offer if you have reached the grades while not having a 'considerable break from education'.
'_'
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
true,will probably do
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (69)
21.3%
No (255)
78.7%

Watched Threads